Civil war belt buckle?

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s been hard to find time to detect here lately between work, work and more work. I managed to get approval from my lady to dig for 3 hours today. I knocked but got shot down at three houses and dug for a few at a church playground. Only found a heavy lead ingot and some modern coins. I moved on to a school yard that had an old house there before. Previously me and bladerunner2020 had dug a couple old coins and a pile of trash. I showed up with about 30 min left to dig and found my first cw buckle on the second hole! There was a square nail about 3” down and the buckle was another 2” below that. The hooks are intact but the pin (or whatever it’s called) was below the buckle. At least I think that’s what it is. I was thinking this was trash till I got it out the hole and wiped the dirt away to expose the “US”. What a great thanksgiving! I fed and visited the family this year, took a 9 point buck and now this! Wow.

0FD18159-C49D-41F8-B00D-74CC20BB50B3.jpeg0C2C84E9-23EF-41A0-A2A2-067584BFEE3F.jpegimage.jpg

Attachments

• A7856376-8BB5-4B26-BE05-472F208113A2.jpeg
    A7856376-8BB5-4B26-BE05-472F208113A2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Upvote 54
Droolling..... That's an awesome find!

Great find! Just like getting a nice buck, you'll never forget.
Congratulations on a sweet peice of history!

Sometimes I wish good things happened in a more spread out way, but when good things happen in rapid succession, ride that wave. That said, great buckle with the arrow hooks intact

totally awesome! congrats on a true bucket lister for a lot of people

Very nice. Glad you were able to get out and dig.

Nice plate in good shape!!

You had a great day, congratulations! :occasion14:

That’s a great find and in good condition too!

nice. I only dream of finding cool stuff like that. Keep it up.

Nice job on the buckle,should clean up nice. Congrats on the 9 as well :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back