pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TNET,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but you know how things are between family, kids' sports, work and everything, I have finally been able to go digging and post my most recent finds. So here it goes...

What a day!! My son and I covered a ton of territory and in the end came up with some great stuff. Well worth the walking in my opinion. Most of the time we were so close to the road that i thought we were going to get hit, but it was definitely worth digging through the trash today. Have fun looking at the picture (hopefully I can post some more soon once they are finished being cleaned and such). And the greatest thing about the Carbine Sling Buckle is that this is my first Carbine Sling Buckle and also possibly a confederate piece due to the location, weight, size, and being a slightly crude cast brass in comparison to the federal pieces... And I have to thank my son because if it were not for him I would not have gone to either place that we dug today!!! Enjoy.

-pitdiggers

Attachments

• IMG_0290 small.jpg
    IMG_0290 small.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 530
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that super CW buckle PD. :icon_thumleft:
Isn't that long thin item to the left of the buckle also CW tent related? ??? I thought I saw one posted before. :dontknow:
Great digs,
MM

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds. MM is correct. The long brass piece on the left is a tent rope tension adjuster used in the CW era. HH.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
i just found that tent i think tentioner thingy a couple of weeks ago in a corn field. nice finds willy

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the one item looks like a razor.

OP
OP
pitdiggers

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I am glad you all are enjoying the finds and new pictures are sure to come.. And like you all have been saying that is a tent adjuster, and I must say it gives off an amazing brass signal and made me almost think I had another buckle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread