Civil War Bullet "Mini" Cache VIDEO

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil War Bullet "Mini" Cache VIDEO

I went up to a new spot that I was invited to along the Chickahominy River between where the Battles of Cold Harbor and Savages Station were fought. I hunted along the river with little luck as it was swampy and overgrown so decided to go back up the the land owners home on high ground which was also the Confederate Left Flank during the Battle of Savages Station....Down the hill, within short walking distance, Gen. McClellan's Headquarters was located during the Seven Days Campaign..Anyway, I didn't get to this spot until late in the day, but I wished that I had started here first rather than last because daylight faded before I could really start hunting it.....HOWEVER, I was able to come across this one signal very quickly and the following is what I found:

(Just so you know, I had to stop the video a couple of times because the landowner came up and was talking with me..)

Part 1
[video=google;4442538946310762517]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4442538946310762517&hl=en[/video]

Part 2
[video=google;-6707666185828320013]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6707666185828320013&hl=en[/video]

Part 3
[video=google;-4162124137599433907]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4162124137599433907&hl=en[/video]

Part 4
[video=google;4503115973038830064]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4503115973038830064&hl=en[/video]

Upvote 0

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
Re: Civil War Bullet "Mini" Cache VIDEO

very nice very nice indeed!! :thumbsup: i was up here in Va this weekend but didnt get around to hunting but i did get some good leads on a few very old farm houses to hunt and a place in cold harbour as well so maybe ill get to find me a pile of bullets to great finds and HH

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All that lead from ONE hole is incredible Wonderful recovery videos :thumbsup:

If that was a full pack of cartridges, there might be other provisions
around there as well. . . you ARE going back there tomorrow aren't you?

Good luck!
watercolor

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

watercolor said:
All that lead from ONE hole is incredible Wonderful recovery videos :thumbsup:

If that was a full pack of cartridges, there might be other provisions
around there as well. . . you ARE going back there tomorrow aren't you?

Good luck!
watercolor

I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK SOON! If not tomorrow, than next weekend for SURE! It in a safe place and will be there waiting for me until then.

I have dug ALOT of Civil War bullets but NEVER that many in ONE HOLE that measured about 6x8 inches. Thats something that I haven't ever done or seen done.

Thanks Watercolor :wink:

L

lovedigging

Way to go Sentinel... Can't beat finding that many bullets in one hole. Enjoyed the video :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax

great finds!!Thanks for the post and vid.! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That was unbelievable Josh.....I've never pulled out more than a single bullet from a hole,a couple close to each other but not the from the same hole.Awesome dig Man. :thumbsup: Have you checked the cavity yet?

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice recoveries and very good vids, really enjoyed them. Thanks!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Josh,
That's the first bullet "pouch spill" I've ever seen, and you Sir got it on film. :thumbsup:
That was super cool being able to see you dig all of those bullets out. It's tough trying to film and find your targets in the dirt too, isn't it? :wink:
Thanks for the info on what was in a 10/pack of bullets. I learned something new here today. Great stuff Buddy.
Congrats & I can't wait to see your next hunt at that spot.
-Doug-
:thumbsup:

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great Show!!! What percentage do you use the 5.3 Coil and how does it compare depth wise to the 6x10?

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

momule55 said:
Great Show!!! What percentage do you use the 5.3 Coil and how does it compare depth wise to the 6x10?

Thanks bud! :wink: I would say that I use my 5.3 coil about 30% of the time when I am in an area that is really trashy or that has alot of iron, or when I am privy digging. Other than that, I usually use my Excelerator Coil 11x14 Eliptical so that I can cover alot of area and get alittle more depth.

As far as the 5.3 against the 6x10= They are both VERY good coils. The 5.3 gets great depth for a small coil and is very accurate in pinpointing. I would say they are very close in depth, some say the 6x10 gets alittle more depth but I would say if true, only nominal. Depending on your digging area, if there is alot of targets than the 5.3 may do you alittle better as it can really work around the unwanted stuff. Yesterday I was able to identify 5 or 6 different targets in the space of a foot.

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2

That is to cool!!!! Love the video! Just like being there!!!! Good job, and I hope you find many more!

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident

wow nice digs.....i"ve never dug more than 1 out of a single hole.nice video.
must be more there keep us posted & again congrats.

Randall

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Those of us that know Civil War hunting can REALLY appreciate
the videos of these finds!!! Great hunt!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great finds and video Sentinel :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tymcmurray said:
Those of us that know Civil War hunting can REALLY appreciate
the videos of these finds!!! Great hunt!

Thanks Ty! IT sure was a first time for me..I have NEVER seen that many Civil War bullets...or any bullets for that matter, come out of one single little hole and it was a thrill. I am just glad that I stopped digging the hole and went back and got the camera so that I could record it. I knew once I had dug two from the hole and it was still beeping that it was going to be a good one!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that will take some beating!!!

Now you have a video record of a truely amazing find :o

WELL DONE, I know you have earnt it.

I'm itching for the crops to be harvested as I know my research is going to pay off big style. This will be my best detecting year ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread