Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted. I haven't been getting out much due to the heat & very dry, hard ground. We located a Civil War site this weekend we have been waiting to get on for quite a while (plowed fields, easyish hunting other than tobacco rows & stalks). I feel honored to be able to save this history. I know the group of soldiers that dropped these relics & the exact day they were camped on the site. It's all about the history for me! In total we recovered about 20 bullets, 2 j hooks, piece of a belt keeper & a lot of camp lead. I also found a few broken Native American artifacts while detecting which is always fun. It's not a belt plate or anything great but it's special to me. Any help with the unknown relics would be great, I can post additional photos if needed. HH! finds.png lead.png unknown.png unknown1.png arro.png

Upvote 18
OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the 4th pen from the left on the top MG. That trumps my one .58 from yesterday & 3 bullets this am-LOL HH, Q.

Thanks for the help guys. The only thing that makes me unsure about this is that it appears to be solid brass. I can tell there was once something attached at each end. The ones in the example appear to be hollow. Here's another photo. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442534283.580810.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442534305.297414.jpg

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the help guys. The only thing that makes me unsure about this is that it appears to be solid brass. I can tell there was once something attached at each end. The ones in the example appear to be hollow. Here's another photo. View attachment 1212402 View attachment 1212403
The quill part could have been attached to the part broken off. I'm no pen expert for sure MG. HH, Q.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE ONES THERE MAGNUM ...

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and presentation. I like the cleaner bullets,, they caught my eye right away.
Excellent research guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread