Civil War Camp Hunt w/ short video

U

umrgolf

Hey, got up about 7 this morning to fill the hunger I've had to dig all week.. I miss the colonial relics in VA, but there are plenty of CW finds here locally to keep me busy. :headbang:

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

Upvote 0

crossotter47

Greenie
Dec 10, 2010
ROGERS aRKANSAS
Detector(s) used
Cibola G2 F75
Jeff You Got a pin Fire and a hand full of buttons! Seek and Ye shall find. Glad to see You out diggin. Peanut and I enjoyed watching You work But we need a chance to redeem...You whipped us pretty good on Your turf I s.ent the F75 to fisher for repair and been using my G2 (gold bug) and it rocks . take care my friend jax aka crossotter :wav:

peanut

Apr 19, 2009
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good hunt as well, great video! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

crossotter47 said:
Jeff You Got a pin Fire and a hand full of buttons! Seek and Ye shall find. Glad to see You out diggin. Peanut and I enjoyed watching You work But we need a chance to redeem...You whipped us pretty good on Your turf I s.ent the F75 to fisher for repair and been using my G2 (gold bug) and it rocks . take care my friend jax aka crossotter :wav:

I'll head that way soon and see what your new camp has to offer if you'll have me :laughing9:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

peanut said:
Looks like you had a good hunt as well, great video! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, I'll be in touch soon.. Rough week :icon_thumleft:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
good hunt Jeff!! I think you could find CW stuff anywhere! congrats

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

littlebill31 said:
Cool finds! I really enjoyed the video too. Looks like a very good spot.

Thanks :icon_thumleft: more to come from there, plan to dig a pit or two

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

cntrydncr1 said:
good hunt Jeff!! I think you could find CW stuff anywhere! congrats

Just very lucky to live in a spot heavily occupied during the war :laughing7: thanks Deb!

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little jealous here. ;D Awesome buncha finds, hope you get tons more.

Matt

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt! You dug some good-looking CW bullets. I enjoyed the video. :thumbsup: Breezie

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff : Believe it or not MaineRelic Thats me ;D lived in Missouri for six years back in the 80's . I did a little bottle digging and even found a CW era counterfit silver dollar in a can I dug up there . To bad I was not metaldetecting at that time cause it looks like it can be quite productive by the looks of the nice finds you have been making out there ! Looking forward to you showing me some more of them show me state finds :icon_sunny: Best of luck ! M.R.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! I especially like the strike-a-light! :headbang: Those are hard to find.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

MaineRelic said:
Hey Jeff : Believe it or not MaineRelic Thats me ;D lived in Missouri for six years back in the 80's . I did a little bottle digging and even found a CW era counterfit silver dollar in a can I dug up there . To bad I was not metaldetecting at that time cause it looks like it can be quite productive by the looks of the nice finds you have been making out there ! Looking forward to you showing me some more of them show me state finds :icon_sunny: Best of luck ! M.R.

Plenty more to come in the trash pits from this site :thumbsup: thank you, MO wasnt so bad heh :laughing9:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice buttons ....congrats! :thumbsup:
H

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice spot and thanks for the video man! sure to be some coins laying around there as well

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great digs bud!!!Another Pinfire too!!! :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video Brutha. :icon_thumleft: :wink: Congrats on the Buttons, looks like you broke into a nice handful of 'um and the pinfire is a nice addition as well :headbang: The cut lead is

probably for buckshot loads; in his book, E. Porter Alexander regularly talked about having his stewart cut up thin squares of lead to use for killing game while in the camps to eat. I think

that the odd bullet out could be a Burnside but can't tell the exact diameter it is from the pic. Nice Digs man :occasion14:

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome video and thanx for sparing us the sqaure nails like you said. BUT MAN O DAY, you made some excellent recoveries there buddy.Great job there, cant wait to see more from that site.congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread