Civil War finds Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a hard 5 hour hunt we were very pleased with our finds. John's very first signal was a 1841 seated dime! A short time later I dug a 1908 Presidential campaign tag. Bryan ran against Taft in 1908. Bryan also ran in 1896 and 1900 I believe. John also dug a really nice complete sword hanger. I hit a spot that produed 3 buttons, one a Cavalry button. The batwing was my first, it was in great condition, they were attached to the end of the belt worn over the shoulder of the soldier. All in all a great beginning to the digging season. I hope everyone has good luck also. Tsgman

Attachments

• Johns 1841 seated dime.jpg
    Johns 1841 seated dime.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 870
  • 1908 presidential tag.jpg
    1908 presidential tag.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 867
  • Tim and Johns sept 06 finds.jpg
    Tim and Johns sept 06 finds.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 902
  • Union button finds 9-06.jpg
    Union button finds 9-06.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 869
  • Tims sept 06 finds.jpg
    Tims sept 06 finds.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 866
  • Tim and Johns dinds sept 06.jpg
    Tim and Johns dinds sept 06.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0
Nice to "see" you again Tsgman.....You guy's are good......Excellent find's,Can't wait fot the next post.Good luck!!

I won't say "great finds" because you already know that.

You guys really are good at this craft! Man, what I'd give to have that sort of setup.

Very well done!

Also, I noticed a hook in your finds that perfectly matches many I find up here in northern Michigan lumberjack camps.

Can you tell me what these were used for?

Thanks,

Badger

Attachments

• CW.jpg
    CW.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 608
Michigan Badger said:

You guys really are good at this craft! Man, what I'd give to have that sort of setup.

Very well done!

Also, I noticed a hook in your finds that perfectly matches many I find up here in northern Michigan lumberjack camps.

Thanks,

Badger

I have found these before too. What were they for?

Great finds :o, just do me a favor and stay out of OH. I have a feeling you guys would clean out the state in one "season". ;D

Congratulations that is certainly one great pile of history you have there. I have no Civil War artifacts yet, but would sure be proud of those finds.

Postalrevnant

Nice Job Guys

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love seeing so many good finds at once....

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 552
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 552
Nice finds man! I sure wish I had a detector when I was going to school down there! It never crossed my mind then and I didn't get my history lessons until later in life ! Glad I live in MO though, lots of history still to find even if it took me 40 years to figure it out !

Awesome to see that the CW hunters are getting out! Beautiful finds you two! Look forward to your next posts.

Nana :)

Michigan Badger said:

Very well done!

Thanks, Badger, BK, thanks for the replies. These have been described as sword belt hooks. They can be found on different sites that sell CW relics. I have afound a few around here. They are nice finds. Probably worth $10.00 or more depending on condition.

Badger

warsawdaddy said:
These MO boys have done it again! Great job and I'll be waiting to take notes at our Oct hunt in Sedalia.In fact,I think it would be great if you gave a little 'how to' at the fri dinner in Warsaw??????
Thanks Ron, but Friday night football is a big deal, but we will see. Hope to see you at the hunt anyway. Tsgman

Now that it's starting to cool down a bit and the ground softening some, you guys are gonna be kickin' butt! Congrats on all the finds, esp the presidential tag. Nice going and good luck!

I hope I didn't ruin your pictures. I was slobbering all over them with jealousy. LOL that had to be fun finds. HH Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back