Civil War finds Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a hard 5 hour hunt we were very pleased with our finds. John's very first signal was a 1841 seated dime! A short time later I dug a 1908 Presidential campaign tag. Bryan ran against Taft in 1908. Bryan also ran in 1896 and 1900 I believe. John also dug a really nice complete sword hanger. I hit a spot that produed 3 buttons, one a Cavalry button. The batwing was my first, it was in great condition, they were attached to the end of the belt worn over the shoulder of the soldier. All in all a great beginning to the digging season. I hope everyone has good luck also. Tsgman

Attachments

• Johns 1841 seated dime.jpg
    Johns 1841 seated dime.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 870
  • 1908 presidential tag.jpg
    1908 presidential tag.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 867
  • Tim and Johns sept 06 finds.jpg
    Tim and Johns sept 06 finds.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 902
  • Union button finds 9-06.jpg
    Union button finds 9-06.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 869
  • Tims sept 06 finds.jpg
    Tims sept 06 finds.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 866
  • Tim and Johns dinds sept 06.jpg
    Tim and Johns dinds sept 06.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Good luck with the new deck.

You got one hell of a yard to hold it. Wood is expensive to.

I know what you mean about the dry hot weather. It discourages me throuout the summer months also.

We just finally got a ton of rain. I wanna get out this evening. The dry grounds have scrtched and broke alot of nice finds I made over the summer.

Good luck with everything man.

HH Jer

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lc_102 said:
WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! GO CARDS!!!! AND SEATED DIMES!!!! Lol :D

Where are you guys in SW missouri if you dont mind my asking? I live in springfield and have always wanted to hunt a civil war site! There was a skirmish just west of town I would like to look over but havent got the chance yet. My dad and his friend hunted it some Years back and found some bullets and an infantry button.

there was a battle at Drury College here in town but the butt wipes who run the school wont let anybody look it. >:( Just think of all those coins buttons bullets and just Stuff that is rotting into the ground or just sinking. Its a load.
The skirmish west of Spfld, Mo was probably Zagony's charge. He was commanding about 145 of Gen. Fremonts body guard. He also had some of Whites Union Cavalry with him? They charged around 1300 CSA all waiting for them. After the first volley They charged them and the Rebs broke and ran and were routed. Good luck, Tsgman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tsgman said:
Lc_102 said:
WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! GO CARDS!!!! AND SEATED DIMES!!!! Lol :D

Where are you guys in SW missouri if you dont mind my asking? I live in springfield and have always wanted to hunt a civil war site! There was a skirmish just west of town I would like to look over but havent got the chance yet. My dad and his friend hunted it some Years back and found some bullets and an infantry button.

there was a battle at Drury College here in town but the butt wipes who run the school wont let anybody look it. >:( Just think of all those coins buttons bullets and just Stuff that is rotting into the ground or just sinking. Its a load.
The skirmish west of Spfld, Mo was probably Zagony's charge. He was commanding about 145 of Gen. Fremonts body guard. He also had some of Whites Union Cavalry with him? They charged around 1300 CSA all waiting for them. After the first volley They charged them and the Rebs broke and ran and were routed. Good luck, Tsgman
That's cool Tsgman...I want to know about "footstep's"....camp's and even read soldier's letter's to "pinpoint" some of the place's.Alot of the suff come's from the higher up's report's to there higher up's....It take's time but it work's....Nice job again Tsgman....

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey bud good job... my dang phones not working right now I dont know why :") email me...jd

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :oThat is one heck of a bunch of loot. I started out Civil War hunting but I never did that good!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread