Civil War gold program

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty sure I just watched my last episode of this farce! Just terriable right from the start. A bunch of wild goose chases, poor planing, after all that........now they are diving, for a box car, telling the guy running the boat how to do his job, what a joke:BangHead: Oh yeah then the mastermind, professional diver jumps in the water and lands on boats dive platform??? EMS called!!! hauled off in an ambulance

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The LAST thing they would consider, for those silly shows, is someone who's a normal md'r. Instead they invariably choose the ghost-chaser wand-wielding types. If it weren't "sensational", I guess it wouldn't sell for Hollywood ratings.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not called the idiot box for nothing.Reality show after reality show to bad they have no concept of what reality is,people nowadays aren't brain dead enough.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still watch the show but I realized that it was like most treasure hunting tv shows in that it's full of b.s. and added drama just to keep people watching. I learned how they rig the shows to suit their own agendas when I appeared on America Unearthed: Lincoln's Secret Assassins which aired in February, 2014. When they were hyping Gary Drayton out in the field looking for evidence of the wagons carrying the Confederate gold, I nearly fell out of my chair when they stated that only Gary's over-priced Minelab CTX 3030 would detect gold and silver of all the other detectors the other cast members were using. ha. Then when they claimed to have recovered the coin, Drayton exclaimed "It's a Confederate coin!". Problem is that the Confederacy NEVER issued any coinage. They placed 2 orders for some but neither was ever put into circulation.

Facts about My Appearance on America Unearthed - Knights of the Golden Circle

~Texas Jay

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I couldn't get through the first episode. I stopped watching and deleted it right after the weird metal detecting expert arrived on the show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread