Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, you got screwed again by the state and the FBI. With all your lawyers, why did not one of them make a agreement with the state?

Not sure if we got screwed YET, I am willing to play the game until we see just what the FBI says. The state has nothing to do with this, why do you bring them up. If what I located is Federal Gold why deal with the state. Even if we signed the paper work that the state wanted , we would of lost any chance of getting a %, the state would get our % from the Feds.
O Ya , I need you to show us the paper work on were it says THE FBI FOUND NO GOLD. when can you show it. Thank You

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we had to deal with DCNR's law team in 2012, we hired the best lawyer in Harrisburg to handle all of our digs in Pa. He has been with us for over 7yrs now. We have a lawyer in Ca. that handles our TV and movie deals, we have a law firm in Halifax, NS that handles our digs in Nova Scotia. and more. We work with in the laws and do not break the laws , so its best to have someone that knows the laws just in case things happen.

He has been working with the United States Attorney Office, KT. Newton since day 1 ( Jan 2018 ) of this FBI deal. So for now he is calling the shots.

I think we have a misunderstanding regarding my question, why do you have legal representation in your digs (not concerned about your contract representation regarding movies), i.e. Did you bring a claim against another party seeking relief? Were you accused of a crime? Did someone bring a suit against you? I ask because you've mentioned that your attorney is communicating directly with the US Attorneys Office and the FBI.

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Tap dancing thru the mine field, lip service and avoiding the hard hitting questions. This story has more holes than a leaking dam and there’s not enough fingers and toes to plug it.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we have a misunderstanding regarding my question, why do you have legal representation in your digs (not concerned about your contract representation regarding movies), i.e. Did you bring a claim against another party seeking relief? Were you accused of a crime? Did someone bring a suit against you? I ask because you've mentioned that your attorney is communicating directly with the US Attorneys Office and the FBI.

Not sure what you are looking for. No to claim, No to law suit, No to everything you said. When you do work on State land or Fed land you better have a lawyer. My attorney wanted to make sure things were going in our direction. If not, he will make them happen in Federal Court. My lawyer has friends in state senate and congressman to get things done, it helps. When you play with the bigger boys this is how its done.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what you are looking for. No to claim, No to law suit, No to everything you said. When you do work on State land or Fed land you better have a lawyer. My attorney wanted to make sure things were going in our direction. If not, he will make them happen in Federal Court. My lawyer has friends in state senate and congressman to get things done, it helps. When you play with the bigger boys this is how its done.

Ok, so there are no claims, nor counter claims at this point. Thank you for the clarification. When you say you have an attorney to "make sure things were going in your direction", what does that mean? In other words, you have legal representation to achieve what specific relief from the FBI and the Attorney General in regards to this Gov't owned land(which we all gather you are treasure hunting on)?

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI said on that link posted that nothing was found. Nothing means nothing, and kinda hard to put butter on a biscuit when there is no biscuit. lol To me, that's the end of the story no matter what anyone else says or imagines, because it's straight from the horse's mouth.
All of us except Dennis agree with you.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Dennis have a lawyer contact the state and the FBI before he did. If not, he should had not been screwed.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so there are no claims, nor counter claims at this point. Thank you for the clarification. When you say you have an attorney to "make sure things were going in your direction", what does that mean? In other words, you have legal representation to achieve what specific relief from the FBI and the Attorney General in regards to this Gov't owned land(which we all gather you are treasure hunting on)?

We are in this to make money from what is found, If they come out and say NO GOLD WAS FOUND . Then we have a problem and that's why we have a lawyer.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Dennis have a lawyer contact the state and the FBI before he did. If not, he should had not been screwed.

I answer many questions but when I ask a member a question and he does not answer back, I do not reply to anymore questions from him.
Can you post the news article were you saw THE FBI SAID THEY FOUND NO GOLD . Thank You

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell us all, if gold was found, what percentage does you and your crew going to receive?
People- is this not crystal clear?
Reality TV IS BIG business. It could make a person a millionaire and change their lives forever.

4 tons or 5 tons of gold...what’s the difference.

I think what we can all take away from this thread is that FK thinks they have enough content to potentially make a good profit from reality TV. Obviously there has been an ongoing effort to stockpile footage. That was not for memories.
It might be a skeleton in a cave with some coins that date to the period... it might be 5 tons of gold or silver. It might be some reality TV. My guess is that on a certain date a production company had committed to saying yes or no, having nothing to do with the FBI.

It really does not take much to catch people’s attention. Take this thread for example. Nothing tangible but on it goes. Reminds me of reality tv. I say good luck FK. People have been made millionaires for less effort.

hardballer

Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not taking sides one way or the other but I’m curious about something. The FBI has been referred to countless times regarding this issue. But wouldn’t an agency such as the Treasury Department or Secret Service (which deals with counterfeiting ) take the lead here? Just curious.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are in this to make money from what is found, If they come out and say NO GOLD WAS FOUND . Then we have a problem and that's why we have a lawyer.

Thank you for the replies FinderKeeper. Another question, you said "If they come out", who is the "they" you refer to and I'm not clear, have they yet to "come out" ?

Also, I hear the word "Found" thrown around a lot on the forums. For many, it has different meanings. How do you, FinderKeeper, define the word "Found"?

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the replies FinderKeeper. Another question, you said "If they come out", who is the "they" you refer to and I'm not clear, have they yet to "come out" ?

Also, I hear the word "Found" thrown around a lot on the forums. For many, it has different meanings. How do you, FinderKeeper, define the word "Found"?

OK lets try this again, I am better at treasure hunting than English. I am in this to make money, we have many sites in Pa and Va. and if the land owner or DCNR or the FBI comes in and digs when we are not on site and later they say NO GOLD WAS FOUND , then we have a problem and that's why we have lawyers.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper;5787841 I am in this to make money said:
Aside from the secrecy of Dents Run, do you have photos on your web site of ANY other treasure found at any other of your previous "sites" over the last 10 years? I love to see results from professional treasure hunters..gives me some reason to keep at it....incentive.

By the way....your last statement speaks volumes....."I'm in this to make money".....I only say this because most treasure hunters have other reasons....otherwise they would have stopped searching long ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread