etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Official press release from the FBI:

FBI Statement on Elk County Pennsylvania Excavation
The FBI was conducting a court-authorized excavation last week at Dents Run, Elk County, Pennsylvania.

Nothing was found, and the excavation ended on Wednesday, March 14.

Enough said. I don't understand why anyone would/would allow this story to propagate. Carry on wayward sons!

It doesn't say absolutely nothing was found

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What production (don’t hear them called film companies much anymore) company still uses film that costs a fortune to edit these days??

Nobody I know in the industry still uses film for documentaries so it will be interesting to find out who is running that company.
Are they Hollywood based or east coast?

You got it wrong and you made fun of me? I went back to all of the emails from the TV companys and most say the word FILM in them. So I was not wrong with my statement it was you. I said we film our site from day one and that was in 2005 up and we used a Video cam and it is 8mm and it has FILM in it. I did not say a film company was on site for 10yrs filming us. GET REAL.

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods should just lock this thread until the gold is actually dug up and in their possession as I've run out of popcorn...

Lock a thread with 29,100 views? Even if .5% (half percent) of the people placed an order from the advertisers who pay to be on here that's 145 orders. I think the Mods and Forum Foundry will have none of that - That's your (and your 5 likes) Economics 101 class for the day.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Official press release from the FBI:

FBI Statement on Elk County Pennsylvania Excavation
The FBI was conducting a court-authorized excavation last week at Dents Run, Elk County, Pennsylvania.

Nothing was found, and the excavation ended on Wednesday, March 14.

Enough said. I don't understand why anyone would/would allow this story to propagate. Carry on wayward sons!

Hay great post, BUT why didn't you tell the rest of what the FBI said :BangHead: You only tell what you want everyone to think. Go and post the truth:laughing7: they said they would not admit to looking for treasure or gold , Yet they dug for two days at our site with us on site , what do you think they were looking for :laughing7:.

The FBI said in a statement Monday night that it conducted a “court-authorized excavation” at Dents Run, a heavily forested area about 135 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. The FBI isn't confirming that its dig had anything to do with the legendary Civil War treasure. But the agency says it didn't find whatever it was looking for. The FBI won't release additional details, saying the dig was related to an “ongoing investigation

It says they didn't find what ever it was looking for, That is a play of words, what if they were looking for union gold but found confederate gold, or they were looking for 5 tons of gold and only found 4 tons. The truth will come out soon.

Last edited:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i feel bad for the dead horse.
brad

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Hay great post, BUT why didn't you tell the rest of what the FBI said :BangHead: You only tell what you want everyone to think. Go and post the truth:laughing7: they said they would not admit to looking for treasure or gold , Yet they dug for two days at our site with us on site , what do you think they were looking for :laughing7:.

[FONT=&] [/FONT][FONT=&]The FBI said in a statement Monday night that it conducted a “court-authorized excavation” at Dents Run, a heavily forested area about 135 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. [/FONT][FONT=&] The FBI isn't confirming that its dig had anything to do with the legendary Civil War treasure. But the agency says it didn't find whatever it was looking for. [/FONT][FONT=&] The FBI won't release additional details, saying the dig was related to an “ongoing investigation

[/FONT]
It says they didn't find what ever it was looking for, That is a play of words, what if they were looking for union gold but found confederate gold, or they were looking for 5 tons of gold and only found 4 tons. The truth will come out soon.

Why didn't I tell the rest of what the FBI said? LOL They didn't say anything more than the direct link I shared from their website. I only told everyone what the FBI wants everyone to think sans you.

The FBI didn't leave much room for a play on words nor did I alter their statement which in turn leaves no margin for error.

Agree, the FBI never stated what they were looking for but I'm fairly certain that if the FBI was looking for clothes hangers and found something significant other than coat hangers, it would have been duly included in their press release. It doesn't say "we didn't find what we were looking for" that's your interpretation, not mine nor any other skeptic. It simply says "Nothing was found."

I submitted an eFOIPA to the FBI yesterday, I should hear back soon. I will share that info in a separate thread. It will be interesting to compare notes.

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods should just lock this thread until the gold is actually dug up and in their possession as I've run out of popcorn...

Don't do it, I have plenty of popcorn and would be glad to send you some. Really, I enjoy the banter back and forth and is part of the reason for checking in.

Carl

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why didn't I tell the rest of what the FBI said? LOL They didn't say anything more than the direct link I shared from their website. I only told everyone what the FBI wants everyone to think sans you.

The FBI didn't leave much room for a play on words nor did I alter their statement which in turn leaves no margin for error.

Agree, the FBI never stated what they were looking for but I'm fairly certain that if the FBI was looking for clothes hangers and found something significant other than coat hangers, it would have been duly included in their press release. It doesn't say "we didn't find what we were looking for" that's your interpretation, not mine nor any other skeptic. It simply says "Nothing was found."

I submitted an eFOIPA to the FBI yesterday, I should hear back soon. I will share that info in a separate thread. It will be interesting to compare notes.

They have their reasons for what they said and how they said it. If nothing was found then there should be no investigation. If there was something found and there was a investigation , then would they say anything that would mess up their investigation???? and why ask us to keep quiet until the investigation was done :dontknow:. We will find out soon enough :dontknow:

Why not post your FOIPA info here to , we would like to see it. Why do I think you will not post it :icon_scratch:. Why would you say that's my interpretation. I took it from a major news paper and that's what it said . READ IT and tell me I made this up. This is the kind of thing that goes on here all day . No one gets the info right, they just tell what they want to tell. http://triblive.com/state/pennsylva...-up-empty-at-site-of-legendary-civil-war-gold

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
They have their reasons for what they said and how they said it. If nothing was found then there should be no investigation. If there was something found and there was a investigation , then would they say anything that would mess up their investigation???? and why ask us to keep quiet until the investigation was done :dontknow:. We will find out soon enough :dontknow:

Why not post your FOIPA info here to , we would like to see it. Why do I think you will not post it :icon_scratch:. Why would you say that's my interpretation. I took it from a major news paper and that's what it said . READ IT.

I have every intention of posting it! If the investigation is still ongoing then I suppose I will get nothing but rest assured, it goes up if I get it.

Do you have a link to the major newspaper article? I haven’t seen it.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
FYI FK, I’m a skeptic with an open mind, not a non-believer, I really hope you have found something and if so, I’ll fight to be first in line for some of that crow pie, I’ve eaten it before and it actually doesn’t taste too bad when I deserve a slice.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Screen shot of page 2 of my request...

Attachments

• 8026943C-3F02-4F68-A688-74766BF8B70B.png
    8026943C-3F02-4F68-A688-74766BF8B70B.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 86

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have every intention of posting it! If the investigation is still ongoing then I suppose I will get nothing but rest assured, it goes up if I get it.

Do you have a link to the major newspaper article? I haven’t seen it.

I posted it in the link, its there but here it is again.
http://triblive.com/state/pennsylvan...civil-war-gold
but you said I made it up or it was my interpretation so do you think the same now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread