Civil War Relic Hunting Advice

D

dubby90

Hey guys, I know I am not suppose to be posting this question here but this tread gets a lot more traffic so I am doing it anyway.

Next week I am going on a civil war relic hunt at a potential battle site in Tazwell Tenn. I am using a whites XLT and was wondering if anyone had any PROGRAMS or TWEAKS for the machine or general tips on how to make the best out of this trip. I am a seasoned TH'er but any help would be much appreciated, especially on adjusting my settings to get the best depth and most sensitivity out of my detector for the Tenn. area. Thanks for all the help and wish me luck!!

tnfishdaddy

Oct 12, 2005
Upper East Tennessee
I wish I could help. I hope you let us know how you do. I live an hour away from there and am traveling through there all the time for ball games (high school softball). Please let me know how you do.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dub, I use my XLT in coin and jewelry mode, sometimes I turn the sensitivity up to about 65, you can also get a little deeper in the beach and jewelry mode. Good luck! Tsgman

Attachments

• new_122D40~1.jpg
    new_122D40~1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 197

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread