Civil War Relic site (Day three)

diggingduo

Greenie
Jan 31, 2006
Today was our third time to this spot that I had found through researching old civil war maps.
We had found many things in our two other trips,The Misses has learned to use her new XLT
quite well, I have explained to her that it's O.K. to dig iron signals as they could be gun or shell parts.
well today turned out to be very cold and windy, Still the thrill of the hunt was on, First thing I found
was a small buckle that looks to be period but I've never seen this kind before(it's the one to the upper right
of the U.S. plate) then we found the bullets around in several spots,coming up a steep hill we found the
fired bullets and we were thinking that someone was running up this hill while someone else was shooting at them!!
She also found the knapsack ring on this same hill, once we reached the top I found the sword plate hook and spent
about a hour looking all around for the sword plate! instead I found a another box plate I was so excited, We hunted until
dark and all we found was some more trash and deep horse shoes and deep nails. I can't wait tell next time.......................
DD

Attachments

• relic3 001.jpg
    relic3 001.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o WoW! :o

You two are making some awesome finds from that site!

Congrats!!

;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice digs, WTG!!!
You definitely found ya a nice site to hunt,,, good job on the research...
Good luck, & happy hunting~

L

lancemxt2006

nice dig on the US belt plate.

take it easy, Lance

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent find's...Keep the pic's comin',Love em.Do you think this was just a "chance" skirmish or part of a bigger battle?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions