Civil War Site Gives up 1876 CC Seated Dime.. plus good mix of relics

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hello All..

I went out for 2 hours this afternoon.. hitting a cornfield adjacent to the New York camp I was hunting hard last year.. the one that gave up a nice SNY buckle.. and had a good mix of relics come out. A few three ringers.. two pewter buttons.. two eagle buttons, a wasted NY staff button.. a cadet ball button.. a 1920s dog tag.. and the best.. an 1876 CC Seated Dime.. pretty happy with that one!! It is in nice condition.. oh.. and a cool little flower button.

Looks like I'll be spending some time in this field and the two next to it... funny thing is.. they have been pounded over the years.. the guy right across the street metal detects and I have seen him in there a few times.

I spent a few minutes in the woods hunting, I had dug a bunch of .69 three ringers in there last year and as I was coming up into the field.. I spooked about a dozen deer.. including a nice size buck.. about 1/2 later.. he came back out in the field and got within 25 feet of me.. just standing there checking me out.. I guess hormones make them as crazy as they do us!!

HH!!!

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• DSCN0614.JPG
    DSCN0614.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • DSCN0615.JPG
    DSCN0615.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,176
  • DSCN0616.JPG
    DSCN0616.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,175
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Thanks everyone.. the dime looks to be one of the double die reverses according to Breens.. I'll try to get better pictures of the reverse.. minor doubling on the "E"s It might just be some machine doubling.. hard to tell without a more powerful glass.. either way.. still the best condition seated I have dug..

MB

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats on your beautiful CC seated dime, MonkeyBoy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seateds are tough finds....CC seateds are even more rare. And to find one in the ground in great shape....AWESOME!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the seated dime.. now.. I need to go back out and pound every square inch of that field!!! ;-)

HH!!
MB

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the dime. WOW!

L

lovedigging

Monkeyboy, Looks like you did really well for a couple of hour's. Really like the Seated Dime!!! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Great Relics and VERY nice dime MB!!! A buck walked within 60 yards of my stand inTennessee yesterday morning. He did not spook!!!
Look's like he spooked and broke his neck right in the back of your PU ;D

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
The relics are awesome and that coin is absolutely spectacular condition! Way to Go!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow nice seated! we find seated dimes in the east but never with cc mint marks its rare to get a s on a penny out here in new england. great finds. willy.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome seated dime for sure :thumbsup: the last seated I found was a 1875 cc dime but it's not in the condition yours is in, mine was from near an old paper mill and by the looks of it, it was in very good condition when lost but due to the high acid in the soil from the mill it was ate up bad but I can see by the non pitted areas that it was in very good shape when lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread