Civil War Site Gives up 1876 CC Seated Dime.. plus good mix of relics

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hello All..

I went out for 2 hours this afternoon.. hitting a cornfield adjacent to the New York camp I was hunting hard last year.. the one that gave up a nice SNY buckle.. and had a good mix of relics come out. A few three ringers.. two pewter buttons.. two eagle buttons, a wasted NY staff button.. a cadet ball button.. a 1920s dog tag.. and the best.. an 1876 CC Seated Dime.. pretty happy with that one!! It is in nice condition.. oh.. and a cool little flower button.

Looks like I'll be spending some time in this field and the two next to it... funny thing is.. they have been pounded over the years.. the guy right across the street metal detects and I have seen him in there a few times.

I spent a few minutes in the woods hunting, I had dug a bunch of .69 three ringers in there last year and as I was coming up into the field.. I spooked about a dozen deer.. including a nice size buck.. about 1/2 later.. he came back out in the field and got within 25 feet of me.. just standing there checking me out.. I guess hormones make them as crazy as they do us!!

HH!!!

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• DSCN0614.JPG
    DSCN0614.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • DSCN0615.JPG
    DSCN0615.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,176
  • DSCN0616.JPG
    DSCN0616.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,175
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Giant056 said:
That's an awesome seated dime for sure :thumbsup: the last seated I found was a 1875 cc dime but it's not in the condition yours is in, mine was from near an old paper mill and by the looks of it, it was in very good condition when lost but due to the high acid in the soil from the mill it was ate up bad but I can see by the non pitted areas that it was in very good shape when lost.

still a good find!! We are usually pretty lucky here, the soil isn't too bad on the relics except in some of the fields that have had fertilizer used for years!! Thanks for the compliments.. I was surprised since almost everything I have found in this area was from the camp that was there and it has been pounded hard over the years!! Honestly, when I hit it.. I figured it was a .69 three ringer we had missed!!! ;-)

HH

MB

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow at the detail on that dime! 8) Fantastic finds, MB! Better watch out for those hormone crazed deer tho! :D

Nana :wink:

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Great seated lots of detail, Congrats. The only seated I found this year was an 1876 cc also. Did not look near that good. HH
JDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread