Civil War Site in Charleston, my banner finds (heavy sarcasm intended)

dualshowman007

Feb 6, 2005
Well, 1st time out in a while, and I was psyched, but I guess this is why they call it "hunting" and not "finding".
I picked up Dr. D and to the spot we went. I was excited to have him along, since I feel kinda newbie-ish still, but he helped me find the groove a bit today (Go team Minelab! Represent!)
Today having been the first day ever out with Dr. D, I was a little guarded in my usual behavior, since you never know who might be a devout Christian or straight laced type, and I am a bit rough around the edges. That having been said, I got a weird signal, dug it up and exclaimed, "Uh, Dr. D, WTF (paraphrased, you can figure it out), is this?" I pulled out a large coin, the size I would imagine a valuable one to be, and was on the edge of being very excited. Plus, my buddy Phil likes to rub it in my face that he found a Walking Lib and I have not. Well, imagine my surprise when I cleaned it off with my thumb, and it was a 1992 commemorative Columbus' Discovery of the New World Token.
How the hell was this out in the middle of the woods?
Anyway, other finds include 1 lead civil war bullet, a doorknob (awesome!) a pistol casing, 3 shotgun shell tops and a heroin spoon. As I do not have any real experience with heroin, I can only assume that since its bent the way it is, that it must be such a thing.
Sigh...Well, it beats sittin on the sofa! Thanks for your guidance today Dr. D!!!
Hunt on!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 645
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Well shucks .. Getting out is the best part .. with friends is even better .. finds are secondary .. But .. that ain't a bad showing!
I like the 12th GA Buttons :o :tongue3: ..

trixie charger

Aug 31, 2010
N.C.
If the spoon in burnt on the bottom :icon_thumright: its a heroin spoon. Oh and no I don't use either just confiscated a lot in the Security field. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread