Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with Cjon just before dawn this morning. He was kind enough to take me to one of his spots to help me find my first LC. Unfortunately I didn't find one, but had a heck of a day with some other great firsts. Found my First ever Flat Button followed up by two others. The Best button looks like it has an Eagle with a shield on its back mark. Hope someone could help date it. Also found a beat silver dime sized coin. We couldn't tell what it was on site, and Chris thought it could be a Spanish Reale. After getting home and trying to make something out of it. I was able to get a few identifying marks. I am thinking its a 1/2 Reale. If so. That makes another first. The first photo shows " T IND R"

image.jpeg

The second photo show a "C" possibly for Carolus. image.jpeg

Here is a pic of the Best Quality with the eagle and shield back mark. image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1R, a half R would be size of the small button. try wet baking soda & soft toothbrush on the buttons for better details. nice end of season:-)

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Digs. So let me get this straight. Chris played the part of Vino(inviting you to hunt) and you played the part of Cjon(swooped in and made great finds) Hmm I love this story. Congratulations Will and to Chris Merry Christmas :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two firsts in one hunt is outstanding. :headbang: WTG Nepa. :occasion14:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt on my mind it's a half reale!, same size as the one I got. Awesome short hunt, so pumped I was FINALLY able to help ya get some firsts! !

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Digs. So let me get this straight. Chris played the part of Vino(inviting you to hunt) and you played the part of Cjon(swooped in and made great finds) Hmm I love this story. Congratulations Will and to Chris Merry Christmas :laughing7:

Lol, thanks buddy, I don't mind him kicking my butt at this site, I've only ever taken 1 other person there (olddude) and he too got a cool 1st there, a broken shoe buckle.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not just a broken shoe buckle, but a broken shoe buckle encased in a frozen dirt clod:laughing7:. I still remember your words when I broke it out of the dirt ~ " Now you're just showing off " lol.

Great finds Will. I found my first flat button on a hunt with Chris too, but he found my first Spanish:BangHead:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just a broken shoe buckle, but a broken shoe buckle encased in a frozen dirt clod:laughing7:. I still remember your words when I broke it out of the dirt ~ " Now you're just showing off " lol.

Great finds Will. I found my first flat button on a hunt with Chris too, but he found my first Spanish:BangHead:

I don't know what your insinuating, are you saying I use foul language lol!!, how bout that will, I hammer a site for 3 yrs and he comes along In 2 hrs and gets the ONLY silver ever from there, lol

Nah just kidding, couldn't be happier for the guy

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice firsts to end the year Will!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I believe I could show off again with the F75, hint* hint*:hello2:

Yeah, I am glad he got that too. I was really hoping for his first LC...he could have left the silver for you or me:laughing7:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I believe I could show off again with the F75, hint* hint*:hello2:

Yeah, I am glad he got that too. I was really hoping for his first LC...he could have left the silver for you or me:laughing7:

You know the invite is always open!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does look like a reale. Congrats on some nice finds
Thanks!

1R, a half R would be size of the small button. try wet baking soda & soft toothbrush on the buttons for better details. nice end of season:-)
Thanks! Appreciate the info

Thanks! If that's how it works. Then I hope Chris keeps inviting me to his spots. :laughing7:

Will
That`s a good find congrats !
The coin looks to be holed at one time ...looks like Spanish to me too.
Spanish real - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gary
Thanks G.A.P.! Yep probably was holed. At the end of the opening. It is nicely rounded.

You made some nice old finds for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill
Thanks Bill!

Outstanding find.
The reale of any denomination still evades my coil.
Congrats on a great hunt.
Thanks! The signal was so faint it almost evaded mine. Good luck in your search for yours.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty finds Will. Nice Spanish

Steve
Thanks Scrappy!

Two firsts in one hunt is outstanding. :headbang: WTG Nepa. :occasion14:
Thanks Loco!

No doubt on my mind it's a half reale!, same size as the one I got. Awesome short hunt, so pumped I was FINALLY able to help ya get some firsts! !
Thanks Chris! I would have been happy with just a flat button. Coming out with 3 buttons and a Reale was just awesome. To bad we couldn't tell it was a Reale on the spot. You might of caught me rolling in the mud. I really appreciate the hunt. Thanks again

Thanks OD! The signal was so faint but clean. Definitely knew it was silver when it popped out. Just wasn't sure if was a pendant or coin. It was cool to dig the first silver there.

Nice firsts to end the year Will!!!
Thanks!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chris! I would have been happy with just a flat button. Coming out with 3 buttons and a Reale was just awesome. To bad we couldn't tell it was a Reale on the spot. You might of caught me rolling in the mud. I really appreciate the hunt. Thanks again
I know what you mean!, when I found my 2 spanish coins I was able to tell right away what they were, the half reale I was with dave and just was speechless, I thought it was a trime too, then the 1 reale pistareen I was with George and just yelled SPANISH!!!!!!

glad I was able to get ya to that site finally, even happier you nailed down some killer 1sts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions