Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20151227_155022.jpg 20151227_154923.jpg

Think I dug a general assault badge today. Was broken up in a little pile 8 inches deep. Oh yeah I scored some dimes too.

Upvote 5

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
No, its a general assault badge. Very similar in design structure but the normal crossed swords + wreath of the wound badge is different here as we see a bayonet and a stick grenade crossed together.

Example:
150px-General_Assault_Badge.jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah looks like a heer army type now that I see it intact --pity its busted up --intact their worth 110 to 150 to WW2 medal collectors .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
likely a WW2 bring back item from a WW2 soldier that later on one of his family got after he passed on -- most likely they didn't like the fact that most likely the man had to kill the other man to get this "trophy" === or that it was a "Nazi" item---so either way it looks like they busted it up and buried it .

that or as the man aged he maybe changed his mind and instead of being proud of his "trophy" , he felt bad for killing another person even if it was in war --so he might have broken it up and buried it --if it could talk what would it say?

korea changed my uncle deeply......he was given a bronze star with "v" for valor during that war .. but after the war he never was "proud" of his medal like most men would be ...he said they ( the enemy) were killing my friends (they were trapped in a murderous machine gun crossfire set up--so he charged with hand granades to wipe out the machinegun nest risking his life by doing it ) , he later on said I did what I did to save our lives ..I don't want a medal for killing people --I did what I had to do for us to survive .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions