CLAD CLad clad

swingin4clad

Mar 6, 2011
Keystone Heights
Detector(s) used
White's IDX PRO
Hey all im new to treasure net. I have been hunting for about a month now and love it, i bought the White's IDX Pro off my dad. Well i was searching a old lake bed when i got a call from my dad he said he was on a good site finding alot of coin so i rode his way with my uncle who also has recently gotten into the hobby. When we got there they had already dug about 75 coins one quarter that was dated 44. My uncle and i searched the beaches for two days and we did well, i have turned up 94 coins so far and he did about the same. The oldest i found was a 52 Wheatie but it was alot of fun hopefully some older stuff will turn up soon. Im sure altogether we pulled about 300 to 350 coins out of the lot. Also on the way home we stopped by a old church lot and found these shot gun shell ends i noticed that there was no plastic to them all the others i have dug had plastic on them still any thoughts???

Attachments

• 03 03 11.jpg
    03 03 11.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 481
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 434
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 438
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
that is alot of clad. I would think the silver will show up eventually!

phs3194

Apr 11, 2009
Kinmundy, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Garrett GTI2500, GTA 500 Ultra, Garrett Propointer
Those shotshells were made with paper not plastic. Over the years the paper has rotted away.

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
You have named yourself right. Nice finds either way. And yes to old shot shells they were paper/cardboard back in the day.

OP
OP
swingin4clad

swingin4clad

Mar 6, 2011
Keystone Heights
Detector(s) used
White's IDX PRO
Thanks for for the support and the info on the shell that explains the missing plastic
Thanks.... Travis

bayou bandit

Feb 9, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax,Whites 3900/D Pro series, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and cen- tec pinpointer (doing it on the cheap)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's alot of diggin right there, what a great day! My Grandpa gave me a 1916 10 gauge single shot and 4 boxes of those old paper shells. Those things are really cool :icon_thumright:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find websites that id those shotgun shell head stamps.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice diggins! Keep at it the good stuff inevitably comes! Welcome to TNet :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread