CLAD (no not click if you hate clad)

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THIS POST IS ENTIRELY A TRIBUTE TO CLAD.... IF YOU HATE CLAD.... PLEASE DO NOT READ ON.... EVERYTHING IN THE POST IS ABOUT CLAD..... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!.....

I have attached a picture of the clad I got in 2011, 2012, and 2013 so far.

2011 --- I started detecting in August of 2011 in Indiana County. Probably about 4 months at the end of the year, going out once or twice a week at most. The 2011 jar has the total clad from that year with my Xterra 705 and Fisher F2 as a back up. I hit a local park and a state park pretty much the whole time.

2012 --- My first full year of detecting in Indiana County. I upgraded my Xterra 705 to an Etrac. I also upgraded my backup F2 to a Teknetics T2 + a SEF 12x15" coil. Within a month I sold the coil and T2 and got an AT Pro as my back up. I cleaned out the local parks around Indiana, PA, hit some of the other bordering county parks, and hit a few Pittsburgh city parks. As you can see from the jars, I hit a lot more clad.

2013 --- I moved to Allegheny County just after the new year. I got a new V3i with the 10" DD coil and a 4X6 DD Shooter coil. I have the Etrac and AT Pro as backups (or as alts...they are awesome machines and I already hit my first silver with the AT Pro). The 2013 jar is so far this year. I just hunted 4 times now, and I think it's almost even with the 2011 jar (?) I plan hitting the clad in addition to the silver, the relics, and the gold out west for 2013. With the Lesche digger and the ProPointer, digging is like quick-surgery. In-Out-And-GotIt...

Think I can match my 2012 clad totals in 2013?..........................

Attachments

• 11-13 clad jars 2.jpg
    11-13 clad jars 2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 120

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dude...you are all over it...dont stop now !!!!!!

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at this for two months. Three things I can find...sewer pipes, bottle caps and CLAD! Two months in, I have over $15 in clad, only 3 silver coins. If it was made after 1965...I can find it...all day long!!

Do I care? Heck no! I'm going out tomorrow. I'll dig every zink penny I find. I will continue to dig them, nor will I ever pass them up!

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a random observation/question. How come the first and last "2" are written differently on the "2012" label? I can't help it, I notice stuff like that.

And keep up the clad hunting!

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
joe dirt... good observation. I actually wrote all three date tags the same time, with 3 different color sharpies. I wrote the 2011 tag. Then started the 2012 tag. I actually paused on the second (full) jar after I wrote "20.." and I remember being like "which one is this again? the 2012 or 1013?.. of yeah... this is last year's", then wrote the "..12", and then the last tag "2013". Sometimes I write my "2"s one way, sometimes the other way. I also do that on my "9"s. sometimes the line goes straight down, and sometimes the line curves under it. I am just goofy I guess (?)

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
joe dirt... good observation. I actually wrote all three date tags the same time, with 3 different color sharpies. I wrote the 2011 tag. Then started the 2012 tag. I actually paused on the second (full) jar after I wrote "20.." and I remember being like "which one is this again? the 2012 or 1013?.. of yeah... this is last year's", then wrote the "..12", and then the last tag "2013". Sometimes I write my "2"s one way, sometimes the other way. I also do that on my "9"s. sometimes the line goes straight down, and sometimes the line curves under it. I am just goofy I guess (?)

Haha, thanks for satisfying my curiosity. We're all goofy sometimes! I was goofy enough to ask....

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to rain on your parade as I do a lot of things w/o any particular payback but why do you spend so much effort looking for peoples change?

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know why my, but nickles are tough. I jump for joy when I found them.

Detect, dig, repeat! HH!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found that some rings read in the zinc penny area that is a good reason to dig zincs. Also Indian Head pennies are also around there too if I recall right.

P.S. Found the pic of that ring along with the clad of that day hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• 2_26_2012 3stone n clad.JPG
    2_26_2012 3stone n clad.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it took me two years to find and Indian Head nickle fond it in a coin spill

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread