Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would enjoy our last warm day before the cold front rolls in. I hit a local elementary school that was built in the 60's, on what I believe used to be farm land. As you can see, my day was filled with clad coins ($2.80 total), and a hot rod.
I found my 2nd horseshoe for the week here. This one was buried under some roots of a huge old Oak. I was hoping it was a buried jar of coins, but oh well. :) I also found a bunch of square head nails, and my first wheat penny (1948) by this same Oak. I'll have to hunt around this tree again soon.
Have a great week.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 397
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 378
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Miner!! Congrats.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, MM. Glad you were able to get out & detect today. I lke that little hot rod, and the mining picture is unique too. ;D

;) RR

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Well Done! I love going out there and bringing something back to add to the clad pile. I put my two months of 2006 away in a small box and now I'm stacking up 2007's clad. I really want to see what it looks like in December. Right now it's a little stack, but I have 11 more months.......last year I only had two.....got into the hobby late in the year. I think that wheat penny is trying to tell you to go back for a dime or quarter of that year!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice piece's MM... the wife likes the Pic of the layout and the sluice box..... Congrat's on the 48'.....HH!!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad to meet you too! Farm? School est. 60s? Sounds to me like a 'keep on digging' is in order. Silver coming eventually if you haven't gotten it already. I found one silver at an elementary est. 1950. I have searched it at least 20 times. GL there!

Laater...

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I had a clad day too!
Glad you could get out and enjoy the weather. ;)

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread