Clarksville, TN looking for places to go detecting

jkennedy

Feb 18, 2009
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Hello fellow MDs!!!

New to this site, just got a Garrett Ace 150 have been detecting off and on for about 2 years. Have already covered my back/side/front yard and called my local parks and rec office but no MDing allowed. Live in Clarksville, TN am looking for a place to go MDing, a club anything that gets me outta the wife's hair ( ;D) any suggestions would be great thanks and happy hunting!!!!!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. I live in Morgan county, Tennessee. I don't know anything about your area, I just wanted to say hello.

DANGLANGLEY

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JKennedy - try this club in Nashville. They're not that far from Clarksville.

http://www.mtmdc.com/

Best of luck and keep us posted.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What county u in? I'll see what i can look up for you.

here a link that will turn on the lightbulb in your and give you a few ideas

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/25_best_sites.htm

OP
OP
jkennedy

jkennedy

Feb 18, 2009
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
CWnut said:
What county u in? I'll see what i can look up for you.

here a link that will turn on the lightbulb in your and give you a few ideas

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/25_best_sites.htm
I am in montgomery county tn any help will be grateful

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
I live in Clarkville...Yeah the clarksville parks dept guy is a real moron, I have dealt with him before, and I posted the emails right here on TNET, too !!! The deputy director is kevin...anyways, you can legally hunt the county parks, no issue. Also, there are alot of places out in the dover/woodlawn areas that look promising.

ToyMan

Jul 25, 2005
Go to Ft. Defiance. Go down the hill to Red River. Hunt about 100 yards from the Cumberland. You will find red brick and other debris. There are a lot of square nails.

There was some type of warehouse that burned down. I found a round of grayish heavy metal about the size of a coffee cup saucer. Scratched it and it was shiny. Left it there thinking it was lead. Later I heard that some coins were in the fire and could have melted together.

Haven't been back due to a bum knee. Knee is getting better so the next time I go to Clarksville I might give it a try. I am sure I can find it again but you are welcomed to search.

Let me know what you find.

TM

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
Toyman,

Where, exactly are you talking about? Surely you are not talking about in FT Defiance Park?

That is a Historical area, strickly forbiden to metal detect! Are you talking about "A" st (Where FT Defiance is),
or do you mean over by Trice Landing area?
Here is the correct link to FT Defiance Park:

http://www.cityofclarksville.com/parks&rec/parks/fortdefiance.php

ToyMan

Jul 25, 2005
Soar,

Read my post again. I said go to Ft. Defiance then go down to Red River. I know that Ft. Defiance is a city park. I was giving you the best way to get to the river. Of course you could try and park at the rock quarry and follow the river bank from there towards the Cumberland river. Here's a Google Earth image.

Attachments

• Ft. Defiance.JPG
    Ft. Defiance.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,875

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Study rail roads and camps during the civil war.Look for old house sites from historical maps. Study the movements of troops out of nashville thru middle Tenn. This will take to places with a good variety of trasure.
Good luck guys.
TnMountains
P.s also check out the big civil war atlas of maps and se what is near you.

TitanHunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2010
Clarksville
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
I'm just starting out am looking for some buddies to go with just bought a new whites coinmaster 3 and newbie here,, and in clarksville also... drop me a line.. we might have enough to start our own club here in clarksville for the west side :hello2:

AlanB

Dec 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks, just stumbled in here and wanted to get better at metal detecting, Wondered if someone here in the local area would be willing to spend some time with me showing me what to do and how to discriminate better what I am seeing.
I have a coinmaster and am just looking for steel objects such as property corners and buried lawn mower blades to show where my buried piping is and cannot seem to make it work well. I thought it would be easy as I was thinking I was looking for huge targets that would be easy to discern.

Thanks

mlsoleil

Greenie
Dec 30, 2012
Alan,

My wife just got me a metal detector for Christmas, I am in Clarksville too but i really don't have any experience with this hobby yet. Wouldn't mind finding someone to go out hunting with though, I have had some luck in my back yard but only at finding aluminum cans. If you want to link up sometime let me know.

Mike

tsmith

Feb 9, 2011
the grandson and I go ever chance we get. we are right off exit 19 not far from clarksville if yall want to hook up sometime?

terry

mlsoleil

Greenie
Dec 30, 2012
tsmith said:
the grandson and I go ever chance we get. we are right off exit 19 not far from clarksville if yall want to hook up sometime?

terry

Terry,

That sounds great, i will be gone for the month of january but when i get back i will send you a message. I am really looking forward to searching for stuff.

Mike

Jeremiah1213

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jkennedy said:
Hello fellow MDs!!!

New to this site, just got a Garrett Ace 150 have been detecting off and on for about 2 years. Have already covered my back/side/front yard and called my local parks and rec office but no MDing allowed. Live in Clarksville, TN am looking for a place to go MDing, a club anything that gets me outta the wife's hair ( ;D) any suggestions would be great thanks and happy hunting!!!!!

Hey jkennedy I live in oak grove, looking for a hunting buddy. Text me 931-494-6997

Jeremiah1213

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tsmith said:

terry

Hey tsmith I'm looking for some metal detecting partners. Would love to go with y'all sometime

Jeremiah1213

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlsoleil said:
Alan,

My wife just got me a metal detector for Christmas, I am in Clarksville too but i really don't have any experience with this hobby yet. Wouldn't mind finding someone to go out hunting with though, I have had some luck in my back yard but only at finding aluminum cans. If you want to link up sometime let me know.

Mike

Hey mike you wanna go detecting sometime

GregMJ

Jul 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greeting,

My name is Greg. My wife and I both live in Clarksville...I have been here since 96. We are both enthusiastic treasure hunters...we are looking for some good places to hunt in Montgomery County (Clarksville). If anyone has any suggestions or would like to team up and show us some good spots, that would be grand.

Thanks,
Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread