Class ring I found last year

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I figured this would be an interesting time to post this. This is my first and only class ring that I have found. It is made of aluminum.

P1000684.JPG P1000685.JPG

Almost forgot, on the inside it says made in Hong Kong, :laughing7: Kind of sad actually; poor kid.

Upvote 1

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THEY HAD THOSE IN OLD BUBBLE GUM MACHINES AS PRIZES

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first class ring today so I try to find the owner. Owner is long gone. So I take it to the "We Buy Gold" sign and have it checked. Well some class rings are made of surgical steel with a gold plating. So to worthless, but looks nice in my collections box. I was able to sell a 5 gram bracelet of 14K gold. Got 70 bucks for $124.00 bucks of gold. I was told he gave 80% of melt value, not sure how they figure that 80% but hey, the green stuff looks better than the gold stuff. Well I learned a bit about class rings anyway.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first class ring today so I try to find the owner. Owner is long gone. So I take it to the "We Buy Gold" sign and have it checked. Well some class rings are made of surgical steel with a gold plating. So to worthless, but looks nice in my collections box. I was able to sell a 5 gram bracelet of 14K gold. Got 70 bucks for $124.00 bucks of gold. I was told he gave 80% of melt value, not sure how they figure that 80% but hey, the green stuff looks better than the gold stuff. Well I learned a bit about class rings anyway.
Better to send to ARA

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARA would have paid you $120 for that bracelet...those "We buy gold" places rarely pay more than 60%.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THEY HAD THOSE IN OLD BUBBLE GUM MACHINES AS PRIZES

I agree. bubble gum machine prize meant to target young kids so they would feel like a 'big' teenager. probably dates from the late 50's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread