cleaned out some tot lots

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
We had a great day today about 3hrs of hunting around the tot lots at some local elementary schools.

Finds%20092510.JPG

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you always do a great job on those tot lots.. mucho clad too.. :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My daughter got the exact same skate board in her Happy Meal today! :D
Great work on the finds Nohope, just a matter of time until one of the kids
Mom's rings pops up! :icon_thumright:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! This is getting really irritating!

Not your finds, for that, I can only say; CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Really impressive finds!

But, in this Metro., (Bakersfield) with God only knows how many schools, I can only imagine how much is in and on the ground here. For years, Kern County schools have had chain-link and locked gates. The only time you can get in is during school hours, and nobody tries that while school is in session. (Well, I guess you could sneak in at night and risk being arrested for trespassing, or for destruction of county property. (Digging holes.) :sad11:

Anyway, HH

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
EagleDown said:
Wow!! This is getting really irritating!

Not your finds, for that, I can only say; CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Really impressive finds!

But, in this Metro., (Bakersfield) with God only knows how many schools, I can only imagine how much is in and on the ground here. For years, Kern County schools have had chain-link and locked gates. The only time you can get in is during school hours, and nobody tries that while school is in session. (Well, I guess you could sneak in at night and risk being arrested for trespassing, or for destruction of county property. (Digging holes.) :sad11:

Anyway, HH

Make an appointment to visit the school administrater (principal, whoever) and tell them what you do (remove trash, remove sharp objects, etc). See if you can't get access during off hours when the maintenance staff is there in the evenings.

Or, contact the science teachers and volunteer to explain metal detectors, metal detecting, etc and take the kids out for a hunt. Of course, you might need a few days beforehand to check the area to make sure there are objects to find...

Are your school board members elected officials? Find out who your's is and get to know them. Utilize them to gain access to the yard.

Don't settle for "No!", just get creative! Good luck.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
You continue to do a great job at the tot lots... Congrats :icon_thumright:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find your tot lot finds to be pretty amazing! The tots in the lots around here don't lose much of anything or the lots have been scoured down to nothing! A few zinc pennies, one clad Rosie and a hairclip is the best I have done in a tot lot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread