• Crazytown hunt 023.jpg
    Crazytown hunt 023.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 508
  • Crazytown hunt 023.jpg
    Crazytown hunt 023.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 323
S

stefen

I'd use some WD40 on the hasp portion, however I wouldn't touch the outer patina.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
It's a lever push-key padlock, made by the Miller Lock. Co. of Philadelphia, PA in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Any good locksmith should be able to supply a key for it.

Don't clean it.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
WD-40 can be used to displace the water inside, if any. A good tool for doing that is a hair dryer with out any damage, the heat will dry and the blower will blow the dust out. The can of air spray they use on keyboards may work, maybe someone on here has tried it. I have and wouldn't be without it.
The problem with WD40, is it dissolves and when it dissolves it sometimes stains.????
You got a trophy case item to show off there. More HH, Gnewt

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not clean it at all, that lock is in beautiful shape. Cleaning it I think would be disastrous, if you use WD-40 on it make sure nothing drips on the face. Your not going to use it so, I would not even bother with the WD-40 or any cleaning....

Keep @ it and HH!!

S

stefen

Can I change my recommendations...?

The reason it wiggle a little is because its precision made and is locked, however when you get a key made, it will probable open, then you can wiggle the thingy to your hearts delight.

So leave it alone and enjoy

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info guys! Here is a pic of the first one I found. The top was either cut or broken?

Brian

Attachments

• Smiths Bridge Church 014.jpg
    Smiths Bridge Church 014.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 571
  • Smiths Bridge Church 014.jpg
    Smiths Bridge Church 014.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 273

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Cool find baspinall i've only found parts to that type i got one just like yours in a tool bin i bought at a
Public Auction yrs ago with the "original key" listen to the others don't clean it i did with a wire wheel
bad choice if your going to get a key madeby a locksmith he'd most likely have good advise on cleaning it
here's a pic of mine with the original key Miller - Phila. stick it straight in and the top of the lock pops up
6 lever key.jpg

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
stefen said:
Can I change my recommendations...?

The reason it wiggle a little is because its precision made and is locked, however when you get a key made, it will probable open, then you can wiggle the thingy to your hearts delight.

So leave it alone and enjoy

It "wiggle" because it's precision made?
That makes a lot of sense, not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread