Close case before refund??

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I ordered an item from a seller from china and its been 3 weeks. I opened a case and told him I would wait a bit longer. He sent me this back.
Thanks for your waiting, if then you still don't receive the item, you can contact us for refund. And would it be possible if you can close the case first? It really affects our account a lot. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
I don't think I would close case first without refund.??

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't close the case until the refund was in my account. Tell them to refund it if they want the case closed, unless you can reopen it again if things do not go good. I ordered something from China about 2 yrs ago and after 4 wks still hadn't got it. They refunded me with no hesitation (I didn't open a case). The item showed up like 3 days later. I contacted them and I repaid for the item. It was minimal, like $3. Good luck.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what 2M said...keep the case open, this is a common scam...and if they cared so much about their account..they would have gotten your item to you by three weeks time..ddf

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Thanks for the advise. Its been 22 days, Ill wait till Friday and then ask for refund without closing case.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter ordered all kinds of junk jewelry from china through Amazon and some of it took 4-6 weeks to arrive but it did get here. That's pretty standard shipping time it seems.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I ordered 2 items from different sellers in China a couple months ago. Both listings clearly stated the items were coming from China & would take 4-6 weeks to get here. You might want to check shipping time in the listing. I agree that 4-6 weeks seems ridiculous but if it was in the listing.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions