Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Topics are really getting narrowed down.
Corrupt police threads are political? Only the sheriff is elected. All other police departments are appointed!
Supreme Court decisions are political? Looks like toe topic of government is now banned! The Supreme court is appointed.

Well let's see what is left to talk about. Hay, my daffodils are blooming! Frank...
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Topics are really getting narrowed down.
Corrupt police threads are political? Only the sheriff is elected. All other police departments are appointed!
Supreme Court decisions are political? Looks like the topic of government is now banned! The Supreme court is appointed.

Well let's see what is left to talk about. Hay, my daffodils are blooming! Frank...
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Corrupt cop threads ARE NOT political I dont care whose screwed up opinion says otherwise.How about we talk about WHAT A FARCE IS.If certain people dont know the meaning of the word FARCE you best be looking it up while mommy holds your hand.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Since WHEN is CRIMINAL ACTIVITY political?

It is CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. Next thing you know, any mention of the DARWIN AWARDS will be verbotten as well because ... many of them were engaged in CRIMINAL ACTIVITY at the time.

We won't be able to tell stories where even though they are jokes, the characters are engaged in CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

We can't talk about the second Fort Hood shooting either because it is CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

Looks like that yeller streak is getting wider and wider.

Have fun people, but make sure your comments and views are "State Approved".

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Frank how's the mushroom's doing you know what they feed them and how they keep just like they want the rest of us.:notworthy:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still LMAO! :laughing7:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, a decision had to be made to disallow all such threads. It sucks that it couldn't be handled well, BY ANYONE, but that's the case. Red, I explained to you via PM exactly what is allowed and what isn't, and you continued to post exactly the type of thing that has been disallowed. You left me no choice. You will not receive an apology, and if it happens one more time your next ban will be permanent. I would have much rather had this conversation in private, mind you.

Folks, treasurenet's definition of political is the same as any dictionary, and includes discussions of any government or their agencies.

Again, I KNOW THIS SUCKS. I wish we could have a rational discussion without adult men from BOTH SIDES blowing up my inbox about how another adult male called them a bad name. Since that can't be done, we're left with one simple rule. No politics, No religion. Follow the rule, or go elsewhere.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you should of tried punishing the people that went into the threads to specifically cause trouble instead of punishing the poster and the threads themselves by deletion.Pretty bass ackwards way of doing things isnt it????? Thats on par with punishing a bank because a man choose to hold it up.You know it,I know it.Now everybody in here knows it.all in all its a cop out pure and simple.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Daffodils all ready? Dang.Plenty of snow yet in my yard but did find a muddy spot to swing a few miles away.
The weak or strong daffodils predominate? How?

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my job to delete threads that are political in nature, plain and simple. Your analogy is flawed because you, being the poster of a political thread, broke the rules. Further, you have no clue what punishments I've handed out to others, and it's not your place to speak on that topic. Also, it should be noted that everyone that participated in those threads regarded posting an opposing opinion as "causing trouble". If you're going to let your opinion fly in public, then you have to be prepared to hear opposing opinions. Again, no one on either side could handle that, so here we are.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be creative! You can still speak your mind and be creative about it! Others that have the same opinion will understand whats being said! I understand the reason behind the rules of the site. And I know I've made some comments that weren't within the rules. But I have to admit some people are really pushing their Ideas too hard. If you want to get a point across first you have to get and keep the attention! Without pushing people away! How can you do that if your banned? I come to this site for treasure hunting! I still like hearing what others have to say about other topics so don't get me wrong!!! Just my 2 cents!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The only flaw I see and everybody else in here sees are threads that ARE NOT political being called political.Why?COP OUT

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
FFARL with all due respect having a private conversation with Red about ONE incident solves nothing. There are a small group of people here who constantly complain about every thread they don't like. You know it, they have admitted they notify YOU every time they get their feathers ruffled, and you & I have discussed this privately on at least one occasion. You tell me you agree with me but that it is what it is ? I thought you were the boss ? How about telling the constant whiners that if THEY don't stop the *****ing THEY will get a perma ban ? It's them who are being childish and hitting the report button like it dispenses free beer or something. It's THEM who can't be adult enough to simply not read subjects they don't agree with. Red is our version of the National Enquirer sometimes but he's harmless and he isn't out to hurt anyone. He posts controversial subjects and they sometimes result in heated discussion. So what ? We are all adults. If these guys can't take the heat they should stay out of the discussion. If I may make a suggestion... Several other forums I belong to have OT sections that are moderator free and they come with the disclaimer that if you're easily offended stay out. An "anything goes" section if you will. If you make the conscious decision to play with the big dogs don't whine if you get bit sort of place. I admit I can be outspoken at times when posting about something I'm passionate about. I've even gotten a short time out for arguing with... wait for it... pippinwhitepaws. Guess which one of us turned out to be the bad guy after that dust settled ? Anyway it's my humble opinion that you're going after the wrong guys. At least a couple of the mods here tend to agree with me but I will not put them in a bad position by revealing any more than to make that comment. I don't know if you have children but I do and here's what I learned many years ago... You are catering to the crybabies and the only result that can possibly have is to make them cry louder. Thanks for listening to an opposing view on this ongoing and very disruptive subject.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you can call it whatever you want. I have no dog in that fight. I went far out of my way to explain to you the exact nature of the topics that weren't allowed, and you decided to pick a fight.

Here's the thing Red: I supervise a lot of forums. The reasons that got political topics banned from Tnet go back way further than I do, but I still like to discuss politics. I've got a bunch of other sites to do that at, and for whatever reason you've decided to call Tnet home, and now I've taken away probably one of your favorite things about it. I get it. Fighting me is a natural reaction, but it's not going help the situation. I don't want to argue with you over the definition of "political" for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I have the unfair advantage, and I prefer a fair fight. It doesn't matter what my definition or yours is, what matters is that I do my job, and that you follow the rules. The rules are not in any way unclear.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corrupt cop threads ARE NOT political I dont care whose screwed up opinion says otherwise.How about we talk about WHAT A FARCE IS.If certain people dont know the meaning of the word FARCE you best be looking it up while mommy holds your hand.

We know what a FARCE is here in Canada......

:laughing7:

Cheers,
Dave.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NH, while you make some good points, you have no idea what hits my inbox. It's not "A small group of people who constantly complain", it's lots of folks on YOUR side of the aisle, and lots on the other side.

I know Red's not out to hurt anyone. The issue is black and white. I asked him to stop posting X, he continued to post X, and now he wants to debate the definition of X.

I'm not "Going After" anyone. I just want to talk about treasure. I go to other sites to talk about Obama, or overuse of power, or Police action.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there are more rights! The right to do what and say what I want in my own home! If I own something, I should be able to do with it as I want! The owners of the site fall into that in my mind! They own it its theirs! Now!! I do like the Idea of a spot on the site where people could go wild and talk about whatever! That would be entertainment!!!lol Not taking sides.. I don't know the history of anything here! Just outside looking in,opinion!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Might does not make right.When you first came in here you knew nothing about Tnet or the people in it and in my opinion you still dont.You go by the words of a few select people who like to point fingers and accuse and cast false accusations.How many forums you supervise is pretty much irrelevant,Ive worked on alot of cars.That doest make me an expert top notch mechanic does it?I refuse do a job unless I can do it right,can you say as much?Definitions matter a great deal,how far are going to go in life calling something other than what it really is.Youre copping out again.Bombing=Kinetic energy release=bombing,still the samething isnt it?We dont read minds here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread