Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive already read the whole thread and crime falls under politics.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Murder isnt politic.If you think crime is politics maybe you should stick to fishing and sleeping.Youre safer that way.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it, its in the definition...I think you have a problem with being told what you can and cant say on T NET...they can run it how they want...its theirs, that's the way it is...they are not forcing you to be on here, its your choice...they can tell you to stop posting something for ANY reason they see fit.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets take a look,now I wonder why this definition varies so greatly from the one posted.this definition is from websters also
Politics - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
And the only problem I have is from people like you.If you dont like what I post or I have to say do you know what you can do buddy.Dont push my buttons pal got it?

pol·i·tics
noun plural but singular or plural in construction \ˈpä-lə-ˌtiks\

: activities that relate to influencing the actions and policies of a government or getting and keeping power in a government

: the work or job of people (such as elected officials) who are part of a government

: the opinions that someone has about what should be done by governments : a person's political thoughts and opinions
Full Definition of POLITICS
a : the art or science of government
b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
: political actions, practices, or policies
a : political affairs or business; especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
b : political life especially as a principal activity or profession
c : political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
a : the total complex of relations between people living in society
b : relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view <office politics> <ethnic politics>
Origin of POLITICS

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't threaten me...you have a serious problem, I hope you get some help...Im outta here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it civil or thread will be locked.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hard to imagine people getting their knickers so twisted up over the
issue of being told that some subjects are not allowed on the site. For
those that can't seem to "get it", there's a few damn good reasons
why some topics, religion and politics especially, are considered anathema.

Here's just a couple:

1) TreasureNet is a site with a global membership. There are members
here (active ones) from dozens of countries, and each one of those
countries has their own political, and criminal system.

Wouldn't it seem odd if you were a long time member of a high-stress
political debate site, and one of the members started a thread wanting
to know about metal detecting? Or where they might find the gold in a
particular stream?

You'd shake your head and wonder what in the world that had to do with
international politics! Same goes here...this is a treasure hunting site, so
the site owners have restricted discussions to the subject at hand.

2) If ya haven't seen the TV news lately, a majority of the world is in
conflict because of one religion or the other. If ya got questions about
religion, then go ask a preacher, priest, imam, witch doctor, etc., or,
even easier, you can Google up about 238x10³ religious sites that have
discussion forums. Heck, there's even forums where you can debate the
political positions of all the key historical religious figures..two for the price
of one!

Politics, Religion and heated debate breed unnecessary conflict and drama; those
two things alone can kill a good, active site. The owners of T-Net are wise.

Speaking for myself, T-Net is a true OASIS in a Sea of World Conflict.
Here, it doesn't mean diddly-squat if we are liberal or conservative, for
democracy and a free market or if we believe (and live in) a country where
the government controls just about every facet of ones life.

Treasure Hunting is UNIVERSAL, and hasn't a single thing to do with religion or
politics. Yes, there are legal issues associated with prospecting and treasure hunting,
and no doubt those may be appropriate topics, but anything to the contrary does
not serve the sites primary interest.

We (humanity) have been divided up into a million different slices...it's everywhere.
The "we're better than you" mentality between the slices only creates more
division. We see it everywhere, not just in religion and politics. Everyone's got
their own schtick......

...but here at T-Net we are all equals. Doesn't matter who/what you
worship, or not, or who your favorite political party is; if you like Treasure Hunting,
then THIS is the place to be!

I appreciate the site ownership taking a stand against topics and issues
that divide us, and instead focus the discussions on what unites us all,
and that's finding new treasures the world over.

My
twocents-1.gif~original
worth.

Last edited:

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Hard to imagine people getting their knickers so twisted up over the issue of being told that some subjects are not allowed on the site. For those that can't seem to "get it", there's a few damn good reasons why some topics, religion and politics especially, are considered anathema. Here's just a couple: 1) TreasureNet is a site with a global membership. There are members here (active ones) from dozens of countries, and each one of those countries has their own political, and criminal system. Wouldn't it seem odd if you were a long time member of a high-stress political debate site, and one of the members started a thread wanting to know about metal detecting? Or where they might find the gold in a particular stream? You'd shake your head and wonder what in the world that had to do with international politics! Same goes here...this is a treasure hunting site, so the site owners have restricted discussions to the subject at hand. 2) If ya haven't seen the TV news lately, a majority of the world is in conflict because of one religion or the other. If ya got questions about religion, then go ask a preacher, priest, imam, witch doctor, etc., or, even easier, you can Google up about 238x10³ religious sites that have discussion forums. Heck, there's even forums where you can debate the political positions of all the key historical religious figures..two for the price of one! Politics, Religion and heated debate breed unnecessary conflict and drama; those two things alone can kill a good, active site. The owners of T-Net are wise. Speaking for myself, T-Net is a true OASIS in a Sea of World Conflict. Here, it doesn't mean diddly-squat if we are liberal or conservative, for democracy and a free market or if we believe (and live in) a country where the government controls just about every facet of ones life. Treasure Hunting is UNIVERSAL, and hasn't a single thing to do with religion or politics. Yes, there are legal issues associated with prospecting and treasure hunting, and no doubt those may be appropriate topics, but anything to the contrary does not serve the sites primary interest. We (humanity) have been divided up into a million different slices...it's everywhere. The "we're better than you" mentality between the slices only creates more division. We see it everywhere, not just in religion and politics. Everyone's got their own schtick...... ...but here at T-Net we are all equals. Doesn't matter who/what you worship, or not, or who your favorite political party is; if you like Treasure Hunting, then THIS is the place to be! I appreciate the site ownership taking a stand against topics and issues that divide us, and instead focus the discussions on what unites us all, and that's finding new treasures the world over. My worth.

That sums it up. Thank you for fantastic post. !

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
That sums it up. Thank you for fantastic post. !
It's a great post, I will agree. It makes some excellent points. And I'm sure it sums up your position since you're one of the guys who's been pushing for censorship. Since you're a cop I can totally get that you want threads like Red's cop thread to disappear. What I'm about to post is in no way meant to disrespect anyone or start an argument. It is simply to offer an opposing viewpoint to the post made by Dizzy Digger. Just for a minute let's compare this place to the local bar. A virtual bar on the internet, but by definition it's still a place for folks to gather and have discussions. And like a bar it is privately owned and has rules that need to be followed. So... you've had a long day at work and you've sat down at the bar to relax & unwind. There's a sign on the wall with the "bar rules". No spitting on the floor, no weapons, no pinching the waitress, etc. NO bar I have every been to in my entire 57 years has EVER had rules limiting what you can TALK about with your friends.. NONE. NEVER. Of course I have never been to Russia, North Korea, Iran, etc.. Now there will be guys who say, but this is a treasure site and I don't come here to read about politics or crooked cops or religion. I totally respect that. We are adults. Don't click on political, crooked cop, or religious threads. There's even a proper section for it already. It's called "everything else". If you're here for dowsing, or to see the find of the day or to ask a question about gold panning DON'T CLICK THE EVERYTHING ELSE TAB. Yes it really is that simple.. Now people will say that there are plenty of other sites for these topics. Yep there sure are. Butt.... THIS is where my friends hang out. Why should we have to leave because some guys don't like what we talk about ? It's words on a screen. If you don't like what they say don't look. You were right in the middle of that cop thread adding your opinion and posting one comment after the other. Right up until you realized that the majority of folks disagreed with you. Then you started pushing for censorship. If you don't get what I'm saying you're not looking at the whole picture.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have over 50 forums that have nothing to do with treasure hunting, TN has been far more than just a Treasure website for way over 10 years...

You can't say treasure hunting has nothing to do with politics or religion because both affect treasures and ability to go treasure hunting... Politics affects the laws that allows us to hunt and takes our rights away including the right to hunt or keep what we find...

Please keep replies cordial, respectful and polite, attacks or insults at the very least will result in post being deleted....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have over 50 forums that have nothing to do with treasure hunting, TN has been far more than just a Treasure website for way over 10 years...
You can't say treasure hunting has nothing to do with politics or religion because both affect treasures and and ability to go treasure hunting... Politics affects the laws that allows us to hunt and takes our rights away including the right to hunt or keep what we find...
Please keep replies cordial, respectful and polite, attacks or insults at the very least will result in post being deleted....

Wow.

Just tried to offer a different viewpoint on why some topics *may not* be allowed.

(deleted by DD)

[edit: TH, you are correct, and I had considered those issues, however they don't usually
involve party politics, which is where the trouble comes from. JMHO]

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Wow.

Just tried to offer a different viewpoint on why some topics *may not* be allowed.

Excuse me while I go adjust my attitude.
beathead.gif~original
It's all good. The last I knew it was ok to have opposing viewpoints. Nearly everything you posted even makes perfect sense. But so do my comments... AND unless that has changed too we both have the right to post those opinions as long as we are polite and don't insult anyone. When you go into a store to buy a hammer & a bag of nails do you get offended and start complaining that 4 aisles over they are selling ladies underwear and you're not there for that ? Seriously man. That is exactly what we're talking about here.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's all good. The last I knew it was ok to have opposing viewpoints. Nearly everything you posted even makes perfect sense. But so do my comments... AND unless that has changed too we both have the right to post those opinions as long as we are polite and don't insult anyone.

Absolutely. I'm actually not for censorship,. but then this is a privately
owned site that has the right to control the subject matter.

As for the rest, I've simply lived long enough to have realized the complete
futility of debating such vast topics as politics/religion, etc. in online forums.

Hope ya have a great day (seriously). Would love to get out and do some
prospecting, but afraid it's gonna rain here all day (again). Whoda ever
thought it rains so damn much in a rainforest?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Dizzy I was not jumping on you, I merely stated TN is far more than just a Treasure site. ..

My comment on being cordial, polite and respectful is directed at all, not at any single member.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've simply lived long enough to have realized the complete
futility of debating such vast topics as politics/religion, etc. in online forums.

Thats funny.Ive lived long enough to realize that if you dont fight for what you believe in,soon all you'll have left to believe in is NOTHING.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive already read the whole thread and crime falls under politics.

lookindown.... Hello. Can you help me understand how "crime falls under politics"? What does a political viewpoint have to do with a crime? Or.... what does a crime (any) have to do with a political viewpoint? I'd like to understand the connection.

And there are over 50 forums with nothing to do with Treasure Hunting....????? That's what I was talking about a few posts back. How many slices can you get out of one pie? And surely it can't be that hard to have an area (PASSWORD REQUESTED/REQUIRED) in which to enter. Have all the bells and whistles and disclaimers present at the "door" and then enter at your own risk. If your of a certain political viewpoint that opposes another THEN STAY OUT!!!! We don't need "internet cops" in the ring trying to referee. Then, if somebody gets their feelings hurt it means they walked through all the doors in which to get them hurt. Make it hard to get in.... but when your in.... your IN!!!!

I realize we don't own the site and I can appreciate that. But this really is a fantastic site with tons of traffic worldwide. And I realize metal detecting is a world wide activity. But the forum area I'm talking about can be described as U.S. POLITICAL, U.S. POLITICAL, U.S. POLITICAL!!!! A place to go and relax and take off the gloves. I truly hope TreasureNet considers this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread