CLUES THAT MATCH MY SEARCH AREA

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
The needle area is only the threshhold to the overall site and the beginning of the Peralta's decoy maze; please feel free to wander around there your whole life. Start on the trail from the tablets burial site and then East to the Apache trail headed North if you wish to get somewhere. Lucky Dog

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Cactus, You posted -->Emulsified Adobe" was not in use during Matt Cavaness' time Of course I must agree, it was developed in Calif in the middle 1900's.

Most of the landed Hacienda homes were of Adobe, with walls of adobe also surounding them, the ultmate in luxury and safety in those days..

My personal home has adobe bricks just about as large as a man can lift, perhaps 10" x 14 x 24" The walls are approx 4' thick. This, combined with high ceilings, made an Adobe home far cooler in Summer and warmer in winter. Side thingie --> resisted Apache bullets far better than an wooden home and withstood the ravages of a dropped lamp - no fire.

However, the little one room adobe shacks are a different fish entirely. I agree with you on them.

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

Actually, the Babylonians used asphalt to make their adobe bricks waterproof. The tower of Babel, according to the Bible, was built with just such waterproofed bricks.

It's amazing what you can find on the Internet......

On the other hand, I have to agree on the merits of adobe buildings, done the right way.

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading Twisted's last post, I can understand how the people of Babel must have felt on their "day after".

Regards:SH.

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all:

I know some believe in the stone tablets and some don't, but what if you place 2=3-0-18=7
33.23.00.0 111.18.7
this does put you in a great spot. Does anyone have pics to share? Does it make any sense?

Skumpa

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, interesting spot.
Very close to all my other markers on GE.

OP
OP
Dirty Dutchman

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I finally took the time to get a picture of the tunnel that is shaped like a bell. I should have it up by the end of the week. Im out of town without my computer. I took the picture from the inside looking out. My cave and "pointing tree" are straight across the canyon from it.

I mentioned before that there was a hole that could only be seen from the "farside" and that we were going to try to send someone up that hole. We did, but it was caved in about 5 feet inside of it. Too much rock to try and remove. It's too dangerous with the cliff only feet away, so that idea is out. It would have been nice to be able to prove my theory without having to dig, but that seems impossible now.

I would like some suggestions on a SMALL, HANDHELD device that would show a void that is underground, with decent accuracy. I'm only interested in something that I could rent from around the Phoenix area. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Travis

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hello,

I finally took the time to get a picture of the tunnel that is shaped like a bell. I should have it up by the end of the week. Im out of town without my computer. I took the picture from the inside looking out. My cave and "pointing tree" are straight across the canyon from it.

I mentioned before that there was a hole that could only be seen from the "farside" and that we were going to try to send someone up that hole. We did, but it was caved in about 5 feet inside of it. Too much rock to try and remove. It's too dangerous with the cliff only feet away, so that idea is out. It would have been nice to be able to prove my theory without having to dig, but that seems impossible now.

I would like some suggestions on a SMALL, HANDHELD device that would show a void that is underground, with decent accuracy. I'm only interested in something that I could rent from around the Phoenix area. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Travis

Dirty Dutchman,

These guys might do it for you if you can get them to your site, but it is not cheap... around $1500 a day + exp. That fee includes a technician. They do not rent equipment to just anyone. You need to be trained to understand/read the results. More $$$ for training. Anyway, good luck and be safe!

Ground penetrating radar professional services (GPRPS) specializes in ground penetrating radar scanning, consulting, sales, and all other aspects of underground locating services

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirty Dutchman

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

This is a picture taken from the inside of the tunnel I found. I believe this is the tunnel connected to the Lost Dutchman legend. It just happened to be in the spot that I followed the clues to, right where it should be.

I understand that when people post pictures, they sometimes "see" things that others don't. In my opinion, the opening to this tunnel looks exactly like a "Bell". You can also see the "brush and trees" that are covering the tunnel. Just off of my friends face you can see some of the rocks that are still stacked up in front of the tunnel. The rest of the rocks are there, they just seemed to have washed out by the rain over the years. Straight across the canyon below is the "Pointing Tree" and the Shelving Cave.

This tunnel is located ABOVE the canyon floor. It's about 35 feet higher than the canyon floor. It's about 250 feet across from the shelving cave I posted earlier in my thread.
It's about 30 to 35 feet deep. It's over 6 feet wide and about 6' 6" tall. The tailings from this were carried about 40 feet away and dumped over a deep cliff. You can get see down there that is still a bunch of the RED colored rocks that came out of the tunnel.

Hope you enjoy it!
Travis

Attachments

• tunnel.jpg
    tunnel.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 196

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey travis
Do you think that your tunnel is the one ldm legend says waltz tried to dig, or is it the entrance.
The tunnel opening does look like a bell,but when i first saw your pick. It looked like a upside down funnel.
When you write a book. I will be the first to buy a copy.

OP
OP
Dirty Dutchman

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey travis
Do you think that your tunnel is the one ldm legend says waltz tried to dig, or is it the entrance.
The tunnel opening does look like a bell,but when i first saw your pick. It looked like a upside down funnel.
When you write a book. I will be the first to buy a copy.

John

In my opinion, this is the tunnel that the Mexicans started but became too difficult to work. The red rock stopped and turned into the white "granite hard" rock that would be almost impossible to dig through with hand tools. The floor of this tunnel is almost perfectly flat. Not sloped at all.

More than likely not going to write a book! LOL... If I'm correct, the only way anyone will know that I found it is that I'll be out hunting Forrest Fenns treasure FULL TIME!

Travis

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John

In my opinion, this is the tunnel that the Mexicans started but became too difficult to work. The red rock stopped and turned into the white "granite hard" rock that would be almost impossible to dig through with hand tools. The floor of this tunnel is almost perfectly flat. Not sloped at all.

More than likely not going to write a book! LOL... If I'm correct, the only way anyone will know that I found it is that I'll be out hunting Forrest Fenns treasure FULL TIME!

Travis

That's a beautiful tunnel!
TAKE CARE TOM

OP
OP
Dirty Dutchman

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But does it have a shaft coming in from the top?

Flopper,

In my opinion, based on what I've read, there isn't supposed to be another shaft in THIS tunnel. The Mexicans dug this tunnel trying to reach the cavern that held the vein of gold. It's this cavern that supposedly has a shaft coming in from the top. Not the tunnel. The shaft going into the cavern is the one Waltz sealed. The tunnel in my photo is the one Waltz built the rock wall in front of.

Thanks
Travis

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
West Richland, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Oh ok. Wish I wasn't so far away have desired to go looking for awhile. Thanks to our governments inaptness I will be unemployed next week though so might be a good time.... good luck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread