Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey all,
i was wondering about these detectors. i know they are not top of the line but for the money will they do? i only go to the beach a couple times a year, and i don't have the money to sink into a good water detector. are they decent? thanks for the help.

Save your money. Cheap china product which will leak, and false.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found a bunch of hits on the MD - here are just a few...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't waste your money, you would be better off using the money to buy a used water detector. They suck, I owned one for 4 days and returned it.

There is also no resale value in them at all, you could buy a good used water detector use it for a year or two or longer and get 85-100% of your money back on a resale.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive heard a lot about the Cobra...and it was all bad.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this hobby, if it seems too good to be true then it is. I owned a Cobra that I got during a bogo sale at KellyCo, kept it as a backup and for friends, etc. At best it is a very low grade beach and water machine that will do ok in freshwater but that's about it. Even in freshwater it is a shallow gold hunter, a few inches at best (3-5 inch range) on even an average sized gold band and from here it gets quickly shallower as the size of the gold item decreases. I never had an issue with leakage but many did/do around the seal on the battery compartment. To settle it down around the salt environment you have to adjust the sensitivity down the disc up, which pretty much kills your chances at hitting gold. Hope this helps. My advice, buy a quality time tested machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions