Bought a cobra beach magnet from kellyco

MR_MASSEUSE

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOVE THIS MACHINE, hate, HATE the warranty info that i found out afterward. whats up with the 99 dollars first hr of labor after 90 days, 80 dollars after that,, OK,, i,m new to all of this but i really love the hunt and all of this is new to me.,, found some old coins today but nothing more than face value. i,m very good with tools and etc, when i run out of this 90 day full warranty, i,m looking to you guys for Guidance on how to keep the Machine on the hunt,,,, my dad all his life was a prospector and was pretty good at knowing what was what but never hit the big one,,, , i have some how caught the bug.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Welcome abroad... I am sure there are plenty of guys on here that can help you.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep lots of help here!

OP
OP
MR_MASSEUSE

MR_MASSEUSE

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet,
Primary Interest:
thanks guys i,m really looking forward to spending more time hunting, the more time i,ve got in i,ll learn the difference in theses sounds,,, yea, right now i,m turned up a little more than i should be,,but i,ll dig anything i hit at this number,,3 above factory settings,,, i,m loving this

OP
OP
MR_MASSEUSE

MR_MASSEUSE

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet,
Primary Interest:
got a call from kellyco today, they agreed to give me a full refund (with no restock fee) on my machine due to the fact that the full warranty info wasn,t on the web sight , or they were just being nice today, either way Kellyco stepped up, but i,m keeping my detector, got to learn on something and something i can learn with in the water.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally don't check this section of Tnet, but here goes. It was good of Kellyco to step up and do the right thing. You will find out that the Beach Magnet is not in use much because of the quality. I suggest you look into the major brands like White's, Garrett, Tesoro, Minelab and Fisher for a detector to use at the beach. Post the question on Metal Detecting section about the Beach Magnet for answers.

Time is the only thing you never get back, why waste it swinging a detector that isn't up to the task. We have all purchased detectors that were crap and with a better detector you will really get going.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compare the beach magnet to the Gold Digger submersible at Heartland America. Same detector, but the Gold Digger is $200 cheaper.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The Beach magnet is not a good detector and the warranty is crap........... If you get the chance get a Whites ,Garrett , Fisher, or a Tesoro..... They give you any were from a 2 year warranty to a 5 year and Tesoro gives a lifetime warranty.......... You will not find to many if any that wiil say any thing good about the beach magnet.......... like sandman said Post under metal Detecting and ask the Question about the beach magnet......... 90 day warranty that's like no warranty... They must know it will not last long......... I don't know why a sales person at kellyco would sell you that thing................... Oh yes i do to make a big commision....

OP
OP
MR_MASSEUSE

MR_MASSEUSE

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet,
Primary Interest:
thanks alot you guys, i,ll get one of those brands, when i break this thing, and wont even bother with the so-called warranty,, i,ve found several quarters, dimes, a lot of plumbing brass, go figure, was buried together in a lot, somebody must of lost there ,paper bag from ace,,, funny story,, we have a picture of our home from the 40s,, and there is an early 40s ford in the drive way,,, i dug up a 40s hubcap from the back yard Saturday night that round moon shaped cap,, yea i know they put those on a lot of cars but its just interesting to have that picture, i did find an earring, last week, and a gold ring yesterday , but i don,t think its real, just metal

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always try to remember it isn't the value of the find as much as the fun of finding it in the dirt. So long as you are having fun out there it is better than cleaning out the garage.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
As long as it is finding things that is good............. What i did not like was that worthless warranty..... but it sounds like the detector is doing what it is made to do for you..............

OP
OP
MR_MASSEUSE

MR_MASSEUSE

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet,
Primary Interest:
yea Sandman. I do have a lot of fun with this, I must admit

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome.

One of my friends up here in the U.P, uses a cobras with a 12 inch coil. he like's it , left a perfectly good 5900 di Pro for it. He liked the lightness and the turn on and go aspect. he found some nice glacial float copper. but is having trouble with the switch can't seem to locate one "jap you know" so the guy cleaned it and it been working so far. but his back is killing him so he doesn't get out like he would like. plus theirs snow and frost to deal with. it could be worst somebody could gave you a ace 2 fiddy and you would be dealing with that mess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread