coconut coir: a history

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p3.jpg 3' and 5' foundations.jpg Picture 021.jpg
Where were the original larger walls and are there any photos of them?

Its good to hear that about Ron Harris that's quite an occasion. Is he still mentally sharp?

In the 1960's Dwite Sanders dad used a dozer to remove all the big stones from the yards and push them to the back of each yard. Ya they are all still there. Sanders started a tree farm up in the field above the castle site and again he cleared all the big stones from it and they are still at the edge of the field. The foundations are 5' for most of the walls of the castle but 3' wide at the end were the Holy Well is located. There was 5' walls inside the 3' walls that went to the well tower. The boulders shown are at the back of Joan's yard. In the old photo you can see all the big boulders and what is left of the walls.

Ron is 101 today and is in good shape but his mind is slowing down he said. He wants to be on site when we do our dig.
Ya I have many pictures, I will try to post them here tonight at this post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is real easy Loki

This is my 40th post on the site.It will only take you a few minutes to quickly scan them all and find where I have stated this.

I posted 2 of my previous quotes that prove what you are saying is 100% false.

You are clearly wrong and now refuse to move away from it.

I have not seen anything that you have posted that proves I am wrong, but keep trying!

As for the stones several experts have said they could have been the foundations of old buildings.

Cheers, Loki

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki / New, relax, :thumb_down::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:the only thing proven so far is that there is a nole in the ground full of sea water. Inidentally, the hole was designed as a red Hering or distraction for the treasure room which is NOT at the bottom of the hole, but in a room to one side.- wild guess - at the center stone in the cross, originally accessed from the side of the hole, above the high water mark. This side entry was probably lost since the orig work was concentrating in " DOWN". :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki / New, relax, :thumb_down::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:the only thing proven so far is that there is a nole in the ground full of sea water. Inidentally, the hole was designed as a red Hering or distraction for the treasure room which is NOT at the bottom of the hole, but in a room to one side.- wild guess - at the center stone in the cross, originally accessed from the side of the hole, above the high water mark. This side entry was probably lost since the orig work was concentrating in " DOWN". :tongue3:

There is another proven RofT, the dating and identity of the coconut fibre. Besides the Chief Botanist of the Canadian National Museum of Natural Sciences who identified three of the four samples sent him from Oak Island as coconut fibre. The Laginas, on one of their programs took a sample to an expert who identified it as coconut fibre using a Scanning Electron Microscope.
Adjusted for Dendro calibration the sample sent to Beta Analytic has been dated to 1229 AD +or- 70 years. Beta Analytic also mentioned that coconut fiber is an ideal substance to date on their report.
One thing I would like to point out is that at the time of the earlier tests it was not known that coconuts were not native to the Atlantic Basin. And even at the time of the Laginas SEM test it was not a fact that had been considered. This would mean that it being coconut fibre was not important to most theorys.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another proven RofT, the dating and identity of the coconut fibre. Besides the Chief Botanist of the Canadian National Museum of Natural Sciences who identified three of the four samples sent him from Oak Island as coconut fibre. The Laginas, on one of their programs took a sample to an expert who identified it as coconut fibre using a Scanning Electron Microscope.

... not to mention the Harvard botanist who identified it as Manila Hemp, and the two experts contacted by Woods Hole who (also using SEM) were unable to confirm their samples as being coconut.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
... not to mention the Harvard botanist who identified it as Manila Hemp, and the two experts contacted by Woods Hole who (also using SEM) were unable to confirm their samples as being coconut.

You do understand the problem that an identity of Manila Hemp dated to 1229 AD brings to the table, let alone a beach full of it?

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do understand the problem that an identity of Manila Hemp dated to 1229 AD brings to the table, let alone a beach full of it?

Cheers, Loki

I'm not saying that it's hemp. I'm saying that considering scientists are having difficulty coming to an agreement as to what the material actually is, stating that 'we definitely know' that it is coconut fibre is irresponsible. Regardless of what age it is.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not saying that it's hemp. I'm saying that considering scientists are having difficulty coming to an agreement as to what the material actually is, stating that 'we definitely know' that it is coconut fibre is irresponsible. Regardless of what age it is.

Call me irresponsible but I have to go with the last test on it.

Cheers, Loki

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1412085 View attachment 1412074 View attachment 1412073

In the 1960's Dwite Sanders dad used a dozer to remove all the big stones from the yards and push them to the back of each yard. Ya they are all still there. Sanders started a tree farm up in the field above the castle site and again he cleared all the big stones from it and they are still at the edge of the field. The foundations are 5' for most of the walls of the castle but 3' wide at the end were the Holy Well is located. There was 5' walls inside the 3' walls that went to the well tower. The boulders shown are at the back of Joan's yard. In the old photo you can see all the big boulders and what is left of the walls.

Ron is 101 today and is in good shape but his mind is slowing down he said. He wants to be on site when we do our dig.
Ya I have many pictures, I will try to post them here tonight at this post.

Thank you for your reply and good luck.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA , Frankly i wonder how coco husk fibres could be called Hemp ??

I spent 6 or 7 hrs watching the various oak Island videos. I have never seen such a mix match of vague data, not facts, no wonder it is still unknown

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA , Frankly i wonder how coco husk fibres could be called Hemp ??

I spent 6 opr 7 hrs watching the various oak Island videos. I have seen such a mix match of vague data, not facts, no wonder it is still unknown

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So we have an "if" and a "believe", which when added up doesn't amount to anything.

Whatever you say! Although everybody and their brother seems to be calling it coconut fiber. Even the Smithsonian identified it as coconut fiber. I wonder what the chances are of getting a final ruling from Woods Hole, they had indicated it was still being researched, when they made the statement "the coconut fiber if verified as we believe it will be...".

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you say! Although everybody and their brother seems to be calling it coconut fiber.

How is that relevant? Everybody and their brother claims that there are flood tunnels. They don't exist. Everybody and their brother claims McInnis et al were boys who paddled to the island in response to strange lights, when they were in fact adults who already owned land on the island.

Too many claims have been accepted as fact on OI, without any proper investigation, or any real questioning of their truth.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How is that relevant? Everybody and their brother claims that there are flood tunnels. They don't exist. Everybody and their brother claims McInnis et al were boys who paddled to the island in response to strange lights, when they were in fact adults who already owned land on the island.

Too many claims have been accepted as fact on OI, without any proper investigation, or any real questioning of their truth.

So the Smithsonian's identification doesn't count either? And the fact that Woods Hole believed it would be verified as coconut fiber has no meaning?
I wonder why we have not heard further from Woods Hole, Hmm!

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the Smithsonian's identification doesn't count either?

Sure it counts. It counts as much as the Harvard ID.

And the fact that Woods Hole believed it would be verified as coconut fiber has no meaning?

None. Belief is irrelevant. What matters is what can be demonstrated.

I wonder why we have not heard further from Woods Hole, Hmm!

Maybe their 'belief' didn't pan out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread