OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure it counts. It counts as much as the Harvard ID.

None. Belief is irrelevant. What matters is what can be demonstrated.

Maybe their 'belief' didn't pan out.

No, that can't be right, maybe something happened to further correspondence, a conspiracy. That's what we need, an old fashioned conspiracy!

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, that can't be right, maybe something happened to further correspondence, a conspiracy. That's what we need, an old fashioned conspiracy!

Cheers, Loki

"OK, here's what we've got: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people -- under the supervision of the reverse vampires --" ...

... gotta put the Masons in there somewhere. Any good conspiracy needs some Mason involvement.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"OK, here's what we've got: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people -- under the supervision of the reverse vampires --" ...

... gotta put the Masons in there somewhere. Any good conspiracy needs some Mason involvement.

Wow, you have some real imagination there!

Cheers, Loki

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pic I just come across

OI-CF.jpg

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning, while we are at it, besides coffee, there were some clear underwater shots of the drainage tunnels. So they also exist, furthering my postulation that there is nothing down in the pit, but off to one side.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Nor the great trading city states of Venice and Genoa, as well as Sicily, Byzantium, and all the merchants supplying the pilgrims and crusaders....There are an awful lot of folks trading in the Mediterrean, without having to point a finger at Templars as the only possible candidate.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nor the great trading city states of Venice and Genoa, as well as Sicily, Byzantium, and all the merchants supplying the pilgrims and crusaders....There are an awful lot of folks trading in the Mediterrean, without having to point a finger at Templars as the only possible candidate.

If I wrote the only possible candidate I would have been wrong. They are IMHO the only logical candidate. They were ordered to France to a port they controlled on the Atlantic coast, they knew they were going to be arrested and they had a large number of ships disappear, actually all of them. All in the correct time period for the dating of the coir. Also, any of the other candidates would have recorded such a voyage, but the Templars were hiding out.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE NO IDEA WHO WAS INVOLVED ON OAK iSLAND, BUT THEY WERE CLEVER AND UNDERSTOOD HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY. THEY KNEW THAT THEY COULDN'T HIDE AN EXCAVATION BECAUSE AFTER A SEASON OR TWO A DEPRESSION FORMS AS THE SOIL RECOMPACTS SO THEY DUG THE PIT, BUT IN THE UPPER SECTION ABOVE THE HIGH WATER MARK CONSTRUCTED A RADIAL TUNNEL LEADING OFF TO ??? WHERE THEY PLACED THE GOODIES IN A CHAMBER TO BE RETRIEVED WHEN THEY WERE READY WITH A SIMPLE SHALLOW EXCAVATION. LEAVING THE TREASURE HUNTERS DIGGING DEEPER AND DEEPER FOLLOWING THE RED HERRING OF THE PIT. THE CONDUIT TUNNELS WERE SPRUNG AND THE PIT FILLED WITH WATER, BUT SINCE THEIR GOODIES WERE ABOVE THE HI WATER LEVEL THEY DIDNT ACTUALLY CARE , SINCE THEY COULD RETRIEVE IT ANY TIME THEY WISHED.

TtHEY ALSO RELIED ON THE WATER TUNNELS TO CARRY ON WITH THE ILLUSION OF A TREASURE BEING DEEPER BY FLOODING THE WORKINGS.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE NEW ACCESS TO THE TREASURE ROOM IS , UNLES IT IS BELOW THE CENTER ROCK OF THE BOULDER CROSS.

THE COCONUT, ETC, FIBERS WERE NECESSARY IN THE WATER TUNNELS IN ORDER TO KEEP THEM FREE AND OPEN, SINCE THEY DIDN/T KNOW WHEN OF IF THE TRAP WOULD BE SPRUNG.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE NO IDEA WHO WAS INVOLVED ON OAK iSLAND, BUT THEY WERE CLEVER AND UNDERSTOOD HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY. THEY KNEW THAT THEY COULDN'T HIDE AN EXCAVATION BECAUSE AFTER A SEASON OR TWO A DEPRESSION FORMS AS THE SOIL RECOMPACTS SO THEY DUG THE PIT, BUT IN THE UPPER SECTION ABOVE THE HIGH WATER MARK CONSTRUCTED A RADIAL TUNNEL LEADING OFF TO ??? WHERE THEY PLACED THE GOODIES IN A CHAMBER TO BE RETRIEVED WHEN THEY WERE READY WITH A SIMPLE SHALLOW EXCAVATION. LEAVING THE TREASURE HUNTERS DIGGING DEEPER AND DEEPER FOLLOWING THE RED HERRING OF THE PIT. THE CONDUIT TUNNELS WERE SPRUNG AND THE PIT FILLED WITH WATER, BUT SINCE THEIR GOODIES WERE ABOVE THE HI WATER LEVEL THEY DIDNT ACTUALLY CARE , SINCE THEY COULD RETRIEVE IT ANY TIME THEY WISHED.

TtHEY ALSO RELIED ON THE WATER TUNNELS TO CARRY ON WITH THE ILLUSION OF A TREASURE BEING DEEPER BY FLOODING THE WORKINGS.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE NEW ACCESS TO THE TREASURE ROOM IS , UNLES IT IS BELOW THE CENTER ROCK OF THE BOULDER CROSS.

THE COCONUT, ETC, FIBERS WERE NECESSARY IN THE WATER TUNNELS IN ORDER TO KEEP THEM FREE AND OPEN, SINCE THEY DIDN/T KNOW WHEN OF IF THE TRAP WOULD BE SPRUNG.

Over 90 bore holes have been sunk within 30m of the money pit, with none of them revealing any indication of flood tunnels, side passages, or fibre of any kind.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 90 bore holes have been sunk within 30m of the money pit, with none of them revealing any indication of flood tunnels, side passages, or fibre of any kind.

Fibre was found in the pit.

The Onslow Company, formed for the purpose of the search, they began digging again. They quickly got back to 30 foot point that had been reached 8 years ago. They continued down to 90 feet, finding a layer of oak logs at every 10 foot interval. Besides the boards, at 40 feet a layer of charcoal was found, at 50 feet a layer of putty, and at 60 feet a layer of coconut fiber.

Treasure: Oak Island: The Story of Oak Island

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's the story. Another story that has been repeated over and over, and has been accepted as fact despite having absolutely nothing to substantiate it. Like the 90' stone and it's inscription. When Dunfield was digging his crater, did he find any of this?
I don't know. His way of looking was pretty invasive. I understand he did not do to much looking very closely at what he was digging out because he was just digging such a big hole and was seeking to get down to where he thought the treasure was.

I do not believe in the flood tunnels but I have seen other reports that allege coconut fibres were found in the pit. I 'have read' (do not remember where) that the fibres were found in the pit before they were found on the beach.

However given the first stories were written long after the first few searchers dug there holes it is hard to know how accurate the reports were,

I do agree with you that 'no pre treasure searchers' side tunnels have ever been found.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gazz, you posted ----- I do agree with you that 'no pre treasure searchers' side tunnels have ever been found

They never were looking for any, util after the access was destroyed. I agree in that he was in a dig to the bottom mode as the original makers had planned.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree with you that 'no pre treasure searchers' side tunnels have ever been found.

Of course not, if they had been looked for at the start, the pit would never have been dug.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Of course not, if they had been looked for at the start, the pit would never have been dug.
Well from next week it all will be a moot point. Because we will get to see the treasure that was buried there....:icon_thumright:

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, next week should be interesting. I'm hoping they found something significant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions