Apr 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 400
Garrett GTA 1000 (recently deceased)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I want to clean the beach sand off of my coil but there's lots still under the cover. I've tried to take it off (it does come off right?) and it seems to be really stuck in several locations. Is there a trick to remove it? It's a 600 but I don't really think that matters.

Thanks in advance.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil cover does come off. Sometimes it can be difficult though, sand even more so, it kind of locks the cover in place. Just have to work it around the edges a little at a time, somewhere it will loosen up, and carefully work it from there, it can be a pain, but it is worth doing. Patience though, I have cracked/broken a cover in the past trying to force it too much at one spot.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As spiral said work slowly around the edges like a manual can opener.

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grip it and rip it, coils are tough. You might break it, if you beat on it with a hammer, and then only maybe.

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
They are tough, just keep at it.
If using a tool, make sure you are prying the cover and not the seam of the coil its self.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread