Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2008

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your cover is like car insurance you may never need it until you hit something.............aa

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
I find that if you get good with swingin, it should be a prob. However, if you were to use it around corals or over rocky surfaces I would def purchase one. I have an ace and need to buy one. Their only like 8 bucks. So I would think it was worth it.

Fishtank

OP
OP
S

SnappyBob

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2008
Where can you find them for $8. I looked at Kellyco and they were $13 plus S&H. That's for the 6X9.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
SnappyBob,

if you have searched the web,
spend the $13 bucks; and protect your investment.

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Protecting the coil is very important and lots cheaper than having to buy a new coil because you wore the edge off the coil and water got inside. I like to use Loctite Marine Epoxy on the coil instead of the cover, but I know I'll never sell the detector and a buyer might not like the epoxy. If you use a coil cover never use silicone to secure it as it will still let in black sand which makes the detector unstable. Instead use fluorescent tape to hole it on and this improves visibility underwater.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread