Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It probably isn't cross threaded, the male portion has to be pushed in all the way before trying to thread. When its new its tight. I have an uncanny natural ability to cross thread, and I haven't cross threaded the connectors, even after changing them dozens of times.
Back the nut up and be sure the male is pushed in before starting to engage the threads.

Roy

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
It probably isn't cross threaded, the male portion has to be pushed in all the way before trying to thread. When its new its tight. I have an uncanny natural ability to cross thread, and I haven't cross threaded the connectors, even after changing them dozens of times.
Back the nut up and be sure the male is pushed in before starting to engage the threads.

Roy

I hope that's it but my other coil goes with ease.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes those orings pending on humidity might swell I use electric Grease seal.out any moisture then line it up should b good go slow

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks everyone. The plug goes in fine, but the out screw mechanism doesn't screw on all the way.

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
I'm waiting for a replacement for the threaded piece, not sure what's called.

Really sucks too, just got permission and detected a really great old homestead today. Built mid to late 1800's. But it is trash heavy and really could have used the 5x8. I can always go back, but it's only getting hotter and more tick infested here in Arkansas.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm waiting for a replacement for the threaded piece, not sure what's called.

Really sucks too, just got permission and detected a really great old homestead today. Built mid to late 1800's. But it is trash heavy and really could have used the 5x8. I can always go back, but it's only getting hotter and more tick infested here in Arkansas.
Did ya do any good with the 8.5 X 11 coil? I've found a lot with mine,even in trashy areas.

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
I've done better. But this placed burned down years ago, so lots of nails and trash around, and it was very humid.

Oldest thing I found was a 69 quarter, was only there for about an hour. Might save this place for a Fall hunt where I could go over it slower.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't buy items off Ebag ....I learned the hard way....

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Jeese!
I've been selling and buying on Ebay for YEARS!
Never been ripped and never ripped anyone else!
Great place to do business!

Pete

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
While one thing for sure....... Garrett sure was not thinking about there AT Pro & AT Gold users when they made that connection for the coils.......... Some one must have been drunk at Garrett when they thought that connection up..

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While one thing for sure....... Garrett sure was not thinking about there AT Pro & AT Gold users when they made that connection for the coils.......... Some one must have been drunk at Garrett when they thought that connection up..

They made that connection for those to make them hold in that oring so no water gets in and lets them go to 10' of water could they have desinged it a little better yes mayb easier for the user yes but is What is & makes a tight connection, I mean how many times r u gonna take ur coils off & on

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Well this really sucks. I've had this coil that I'm dyeing to use for almost 2 weeks, except the replacement screw I get in the mail is the black long screw that attaches the coil to the shaft. Wrong screw. Frustrating!

Now I'm going to have to wait for support to respond, and ship another piece. Hopefully they can send what I need without me having to send in the whole coil to them.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this really sucks. I've had this coil that I'm dyeing to use for almost 2 weeks, except the replacement screw I get in the mail is the black long screw that attaches the coil to the shaft. Wrong screw. Frustrating!

Now I'm going to have to wait for support to respond, and ship another piece. Hopefully they can send what I need without me having to send in the whole coil to them.

Dont waste your time. The ferrule is not replaceable.

connection.JPG

Last edited:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I change mine daily sometimes! Sometimes twice in one day!
I mean, like today I hunted in an open area, no trash and used the 8.5X11 but in the morning I may hit up
this old house where I found the Merc last week and will put the 5X8 back on... LOL
I can do it almost blindfolded now! The more you do it the easier it gets though.
I always put some fresh grease on the O-ring every time..

Pete

I mean how many times r u gonna take ur coils off & on

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brew,
Just use the screw from the coil that's on their now.
I use the same one for both coils... Switch em out daily sometimes'

Pete

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
OMG, the wrong piece again! This time they send me the 2 shaft rings. Face palm!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bro u r not having good luck with that at all sorry dude now what if u take like a peice of paper put ur coil ferrel on it circle it so i clearly says what u need so if or when u call garret send them the picture in an email of the part circled idk either that or send the coil in say fix it good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread