Coil cross threading

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They made that connection for those to make them hold in that oring so no water gets in and lets them go to 10' of water could they have desinged it a little better yes mayb easier for the user yes but is What is & makes a tight connection, I mean how many times r u gonna take ur coils off & on
I don't know?:dontknow::laughing7: I put the BIG GUN on tonight to hunt a large area this week! I love the 5X8 coil,but it will work ya to death in a large field!
0026_zpsc7152fde.jpg

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you sure that's not something they can send me? I see that it unscrews.

brewern, there seems to be some confusion in your post. What exact part is it that you see that it unscrews? Are you talking about the female threaded ferrule at the coil cable plug, the threaded knurled ring that you tighten with your fingers to hold the cable to the brain box? If you mean that, then do this. Try to remove it like you want to replace it. You will see what I mean, it aint gonna happen. Can you show a pic of the part you are talking about? We'll get to to the bottom of this eventually.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Talked to Garrett support today, they were very helpful and apologized for the two wrong pieces. They are shipping me a new coil and ill be returning the other.

Can't wait to finally put on the 5x8 and hit those trashy areas I've combed over!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just never ceaze to not amaze me they really stand by there products thats great ur finally gonna get to try it out lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread