coil in stall

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter and OBN have done it and a few others.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to cut and splice or open, de-solder and solder in the new wires. You have to know the wire matchups between the coils. It's not a project I recommend anyone try just because they think a different coil might be better.

OP
OP
I

Idigack

Aug 18, 2012
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok thx....this is a shout out to treasure hunter and OBN.....canyou tell me how to install a sef coil on an excaliber and do you notice any difference after doing so? my excal is about 2 years old....thx....hh

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I would also recommend a strong pair of glasses, one thing also..Not sure if the wiring on the SEF's have changed over the years but on Davespen chart, the wiring is wrong for the 10x12, Changed out a Older SEF coil for CanSlaw, did not realize the problem until I took it all apart and installed on a sovereign....will have to lookup the two wires that are wrong. If you do connect it wrong, When PPing with the center of the coil, you will get a silent spot, and no chrip, get back to you on the wiring.........

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you are in there might as well make a quick change out to OBNs headphones.

Dew

OP
OP
I

Idigack

Aug 18, 2012
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow...very impressive...whats the difference between a sef coil and a wot coil??? on an excal of course...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread