Coil Suggestions for a Cibola

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few months ago I sold my original Cibola and really missed it, so recently I purchased another one. I have only run the stock coils on the Tesoros that I have owned, but I was wondering what is a good additional coil to have on hand. I would probably lean toward a widescan coil. Does it make much of a difference in depth to go with a 5.75" widescan verses a larger one? What coils do you all like to use, and why? Thanks.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay with the stock coil. If you MUST buy another coil, you will need to send it in to Tesoro to have it tuned and balanced to your machine since you have no ability to ground balance manually with the Cibola.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the southeast, my Tesoro customers love the BIG coils. The NEL Tornado (12" x 13" DD coil). Yes, it costs $50 to sent your coil and machine to Tesoro, but they feel it's worth the cost for the increased area and depth.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay with the stock coil. If you MUST buy another coil, you will need to send it in to Tesoro to have it tuned and balanced to your machine since you have no ability to ground balance manually with the Cibola.

I contacted Tesoro and since I am not the original owner it would cost me $50 to have the coil tuned to the machine. For the original owner it is free. They will also service the machine for the $50. I am going to eventually get an additional coil and see if it will be fine in my area. I haven't detected in soil that was to much trouble so, I bet that I will be ok without the tune. Thanks.

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't tune the coil. They adjust the GB pot so the machine is ground balanced with that coil on it. Try bit out before you send it in, you may be surprised how ell it works as is.

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
gold coast
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax tesoro cibola with clean sweep infinium, whites beach hunter 300 ace 250 bounty hunter platinum,bounty hunter sharpshooter b/h traker garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cleansweep

They don't tune the coil. They adjust the GB pot so the machine is ground balanced with that coil on it. Try bit out before you send it in, you may be surprised how ell it works as is.

Hi I own a cibola with a cleansweep fantastic coil for coins I never sent mine in for any adjustments and it works great, I do live in OZ if that makes any differance ?

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
gold coast
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax tesoro cibola with clean sweep infinium, whites beach hunter 300 ace 250 bounty hunter platinum,bounty hunter sharpshooter b/h traker garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Cleansweep

Hi I own a cibola with a cleansweep fantastic coil for coins I never sent mine in for any adjustments and it works great, I do live in OZ if that makes any differance ?

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
gold coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cibola

Hi I have a cibola with a cleansweep , it's a great coil for coins I never sent mine in for adjustments and it works great I do live in OZ if that makes any differance ? Thanks

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I"ve switched many coils on a variety of preset, non-ground balance Tesoros with no apparent problems. Some years ago I talked to the folks at the factory about this and learned that it MAY be worth doing if performance issues arise and/or if you desire to use a particular coil nearly all the time, then sending it in to have it tuned may be worth it if you need the most performance that combination is capable of. I'd always try the different coil first and if it seems to perform as expected or nearly so I wouldn't bother.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread