Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so in another part of the forum I noticed people said they would change coils.

hmmm....

I have the reg. 10 in that came with my LoneStar.

I searched and found BH coils on the net. One said 4 inch gold coil. It said it targeted gold and with a smaller coil it would elim. more trash hits and it was super sensitive for gold nuggets, etc etc
Only $30

Is this worth it? I don't have any idea? just trying to wrap my head around detecting tools---thanks for any info

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks manorman

I think it might be worth the $30 to buy it --the beach vacation spots I hunt are full of pull tabs and cans lol seems way small enough to carry with me also----a good Christmas present to ask from hubby

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
I have a 4" BH "gold nugget coil" for sale (5 pin connector) if anyone is interested. Joe

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many different size coils available for your most Bounty Hunter Lone Star.

Your unit comes standard with a 8" concentric coil but you also can use the 4" nugget coil ( great for high trash areas), a 10" Magnum concentric coil, ( which allows you to cover more ground and gives better depth) The 10" will also be less sensitive to smaller targets. You can also use the 7" concentric coil that comes standard on BH units like the Fast Tracker. The 7" can have a place in your line up where there is heavier trash. It would give slightly better separation than the 8".

...and lastly, you can use a the Fisher 11" DD coil for the F4 model ( Fisher detectors and Bounty Huneter are made by the same company, 1st Texas Products). This coil is much more expensive than the 10" Magnum. It can be better in mineralized ground but might not give quite the depth of the 10". There are a few factors to consider between to two, so I'll leave that up to you to decide for yourself.

Personally, I have a 4", 8" and 10" for my BH Time Ranger and will probably add the 7" and 11" this season.

HH

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 4" most of the time.
It's great for singling out targets.
Plus I get plenty of depth in all metal no discrim mode :icon_thumleft:

Just for the record if I'm looking for larger deeper objects such as caches I use the 10 inch.
And I always search in, all metal, no discrimination, mode.

BH.jpg

GG~

Attachments

• BH.jpg
    BH.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 595

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca said:
GoodyGuy said:
I use the 4" most of the time.
It's great for singling out targets.
Plus I get plenty of depth in all metal no discrim mode :icon_thumleft:

Just for the record if I'm looking for larger deeper objects such as caches I use the 10 inch.
And I always search in, all metal, no discrimination, mode.

GG~

Got a 4 inch coil coming. How much depth more do you get with a ten inch coil over the stock 8 inch coil? I also like my pioneer 202, cant say I need another machine, but thought about the 505 for its no motion mode. If you had your druthers, which BH no motion machine would you use?

You only get maybe another one inch with the 10" coil over the 8" depending on the soil conditions and size of target. Not worth the price in my opinion. Not any deeper at all for single coin targets. leastwise not on the tracker IV model:(

For $199.00 you cant beat the 505! :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread