its very similar with the car-when its starts to work bad

OP
OP
LuckyDragon

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
They don't go bad that offen I had my Xlt since 1986 and still working.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
LuckyDragon said:
They don't go bad that offen I had my Xlt since 1986 and still working.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: My 5.3 (?) XLT coil lasted from the time the Spectrum XLT came out until about a year ago.
The reason? My dealer didn't have a scuff plate for it and I hunt a lot of mown fields and yards, so I kept putting it off until after all that time
the grass wore a hole through the housing!! Cleaned it out, used some Plastic-Weld and patched that thing up, sprayed it with bedliner and it looks/works
like new!
Regards, skypilot02

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does a coil cover reduce any depth if i took it off and used bed liner spray or wouldn't it make any difference :dontknow: Thanks Dd60

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Deepdiger60 said:
Does a coil cover reduce any depth if i took it off and used bed liner spray or wouldn't it make any difference :dontknow: Thanks Dd60

Hey Dd60, SkyPilot here. The coil cover will not have any effect whatsoever on performance, you simply need to take it off and clean between it and the coil
occasionally. Bedliner or spray on PVC (spray on electric tape) works best for me, because you don't need to clean it.
Hope this helps!! Regards, SkyPilot

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you turn it over and you see wires visible through the broken or worn away plastic. Or green corrosion starts to appear from what was supposed to be waterproof cable connection. First sign will be hunting trip with no targets being found and can not air test with hand full of coins on ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread