spectrum xlt screen help please

baldy804

May 6, 2010
hey folks i just bought a spectrum xlt on feebay and the screen has a few lines in it when its turned on i can still see the image but has a couple small faint areas that go all the way across the screen im wondering if any of you know what the problem is and approx what it would cost to fix it i cant call whites service center till monday but would like a heads up before then maybe get some of my money back on the detector i only have like 3 days for a return on it please help asap

darkkitten2000

Feb 26, 2009
Kal nad Kanalom
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, Miner4, eeTH, ETI561
Hi,

it could be many things, difficult to say, but most probably it is the LCD display itself. Those costs around EUR 50 if purchased in electronics part's store (in repair shop will probably cost much more).

regards,
d.

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baldy, mine has always had that, new since 1995. I just ignore it, or turn off and on and it goes away. If it really bugs you Whites can fix it. Niffler

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cost of repairs just $120 and that's all white's will charge you.
I the white's repair shop number
1-888-666-6121

OP
OP
B

baldy804

May 6, 2010
spoke to whites they said for $50 they will ship me a new lcd and guide me through the instilation takes 3 minutes and a flat head screw driver. :hello2: :laughing7: easy fix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread