Coin box charges

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what they say when they dont want to be hassled by orders....so they become a dump bank instead ...

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what they say when they dont want to be hassled by orders....so they become a dump bank instead ...

Exactly ;-)
Yes some banks will charge- just gotta search for the ones that dont

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm, she also told me they would have more Friday that I could pick up for free so I think they just have a policy, guess I'm not sure. She said I can take whatever they have on hand as long as I don't dump ALL of them back.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm, she also told me they would have more Friday that I could pick up for free so I think they just have a policy, guess I'm not sure. She said I can take whatever they have on hand as long as I don't dump ALL of them back.

NO. Don't dump ANY of them back where you got them.

That will get you (and others) cut off.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your bank charge you for ordering boxes of halves. I order a couple boxes and they said next time it would cost me $5 a box because that's what they got charged?

I have never personally been hit with a fee, but I have been downright denied the opportunity to even purchase/dump coin, fee or not. Many times. Usually at banks where I do not have an account, but not exclusively.

You'll never know for sure if that $5 is 100% accurate or not. However, the coin courier does indeed charge the bank to deliver boxes of coins. There is no reason whatsoever that the bank cannot pass along these fees to the consumer id they so desire.

Just look around. Hopefully there will be a bank(s) near you willing to do it for free. There usually is...for awhile anyway.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NO. Don't dump ANY of them back where you got them.

That will get you (and others) cut off.

Oh I know man, I'm not dumping any there:thumbsup: I just thought it was funny how she said that. I know one of the banks I stopped at someone had already spoiled the milk because the lady said, "we USED to sell bags to guy but we just won't do that anymore", maybe he was dumping there too. Keep in mind these banks I stopped at yesterday were all banks I didn't have an account at, I was just getting a feel for things. When they said no I just smiled and said thanks anyways.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One other thing I have noticed is that it seems like it depends on the teller, some of them have offered to let me look through the loose ones in their tray, I didn't, but it was kind of funny.

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd always look if they offer. Found some pretty good stuff in those trays.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
These banks I stopped at yesterday were all banks I didn't have an account at, I was just getting a feel for things. When they said no I just smiled and said thanks anyways.

That's probably why they didn't want to order for you. I don't go to any banks where I'm not an account holder there.

E-Money

Sep 25, 2013
If they told me that I'd ask them to order me 4k lol. Don't mind mins but I hate when they set a max.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My old main pickup bank, started trying to charge me $17.75 per box after a year of ordering from 4-5 different branches... what a bunch of jerks, I gave them all treats and everything too...

I had a bank that ordered from brinks, and had 2k min orders... I got my acct closed and they would not re-instate it. it was because "they knew why I opened my account there"... It only lasted about 3-4 weeks when they realized I was going to do it every week.

I hate em all, buncha crooks and scammers(at the top end, not necessarily the tellers and lower people)

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's probably why they didn't want to order for you. I don't go to any banks where I'm not an account holder there.
I thought about that but none of them knew if I had an account there or not, no one asked, maybe they assumed that because they didn't recognize me I didn't bank there. I will stick with my branch, there are 4 of them within 5 miles of where I live.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread