Coin Machine Bag (3) ... $42 = ?????

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK. Look, I love metal detecting. I can spend 5, 6 or even 7 hours blissfully scanning and dig 100 targets.
If I find "big silver", a half dollar, I am STOKED. I have found TWO so far, never a silver dollar, and I am NOT Quitting!

I have dug so far maybe 40 or so silver coins. I have posted about every single one on Treasurenet. I'm very HOOKED.
However, I'm shaking my head at my success on three bags of coin sorting machine finds (1/2 dollar coins).

So in my area, there are 5 possibles, and today I hit the fifth. I was 2 for 4, and today made 3 for 5 on permissions...
Much like my success door knocking for metal detecting. 3 out of 5 stores were KIND enough to assist me!

NOW REMEMBER: The 2 that said no, indicated it was corporate policy to do no such thing, because, according to one
store manager, "someone complained to Corporate, that one store let them, and one didn't" and so Corporate said NO!

I share this reluctantly, however I believe in abundance, and if it were not for a Youtuber, I would not know the secret.
PLEASE if the store says "No", don't be rude. I can not know for how long I can do this at any given store, so I SHARE.

1. Bags 1 and 2 were $29 and $63 in halves. 182 coins gave me (9) 40%ers, and (2) 90% half dollars, both Franklin.
2. Bag 3 today (and I am blessed that the management worked with me) yielded $42 in halves. That is 84 total coins.
3. Based on my first $91 in halves, 11 silvers out of 182 coins, or right at 6% yield, I MIGHT hope to find FIVE silvers.

4. I have made a video on this, and might just send a link by PM, if you are interested. It is 7 minutes long. Results??

5. I pulled 9 or 10 coins at a time, while my wife filmed me. FIVE TIMES I came away with a SILVER HALF!
6. The first was a 1967 40% coin. Then a silver edge, flipped to a Liberty Bell, and I knew that was a Franklin (1962).
7. The third coin was a mystery, my eyes reading, "Colonial". Nope. COLOMBIAN! 1893 Chicago Exposition.
8. The fourth was a shiny Kennedy based on the back, and flipped it over for another 90%, 1964. Is that (3) 90%ers?
9. The fifth coin was mystery. George Washington 250th? 1982? Proof? Commemorative clad? No. SILVER!

10. I would call today's find, a perfect "10". (4) 90% half dollars and (1) 40%er, with some shocking intrigue to boot...

So, I did a little research and some of you certainly know what I didn't, but was guessing correctly. The 1982 was one of 10,000,000 minted 90% silver Commemorative 1982 halves honoring the birth of George Washington. This coin on Ebay sells for about 9 or 10 bucks in a handled condition like seen, and the other mystery is indeed one of 1,500,000 minted World's Colombian Exposition Chicago, the FIRST ever "commemorative" half dollar, or maybe even commemorative coin by the U.S. mint! It is worth about 12 or 13 bucks in this condition, and is 90% silver.

Friends, be nice, do me a favor and don't complain to if the manager says "No, it's against policy..." If you read this all the way through, I hope it was fun.

Sugarcreek

(P)rocery 2.jpg

Upvote 7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread