Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course no price list for "dug" coins exist. I have been a coin collector since I was 10 years old, and I know that fact as well as you. It proves nothing. The number of ground-found, higher-grade old silver coins is quite small compared to the number of examples in collectors' hands. So why would there be any need to have a price listing for them??? But to say every "dug" silver coin, unless it is a key or semi-key, is practically worthless is a gross overstatement that you should recant. If they were only worth 25% of bluebook in many cases, these higher-grade "dug" silver coins have a value well above melt. Do you not agree with that statement??!! So if we harshly field-clean or spit-clean them, we will reduce their value--and that is my whole point.

I won't be replying to this thread any more. I posted some information in a helpful manner and I don't wish to be attacked any more for it.

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
UnEarthed72

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
oldplacesnofinds said:
Every silver coin I dug, you can't even tell it was in the ground. Copper I understand but what are you guys talking about with silver? What do your coins look like out of the ground? Here are two I dug.

That's my experience as well Oldplaces,not only have they come out of the hole like someone just dropped them the detail has been amazing on them as well.

I just ordered a subscription of coin price magazine,as will i get the Redbook mainly for reference.
Thanks for the replies everyone
~Shawn~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread