Coin Purse Found With Big Silver

ron_c

Mar 13, 2009
Noth Central Texas
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL, G2, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, Garrett BFO Discriminator, Garrett Pro Pointer,White's TRX PP, XP Gold Maxx Power, White's IDX Pro, Omega, Tesoro Vaquero
There is a house next door that is being repaired from a burst pipe and water damage. In the driveway is one of the big containers for the damaged wood, drywall, etc. Yesterday morning around 6AM as I was leaving to go MD, I noticed a couple of people dumping some things by the container. When they saw me they left in a hurry. One of the things was a small table and I went to check it out but it was burned as well as the others things they had dumped. One of the things I notice was a charred purse. I opened it but it was empty, until I saw a zipper inside. When I unzipped it that's when I saw the coin purse. I knew something was inside the coin purse because of the weight. I went back inside the house to open it, thinking all the time "Please let it be gold coins. Please let it be gold coins", but no gold coins. However this is what I found:

1 - 1883 Morgan
1 - 1922 Peace
1 - 1907 Barber Half
1 - 1939D Half
1 - 1944S Half
1 - 1945S Half
1 - 1913 Type I Buffalo
1 - 1935D Buffalo
1 - 1936D Buffalo
1 - 1937D Buffalo
Coins.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet save!!!!! That sure was easy to cross a lot of hard to find coins off of your list!!!!! :icon_pirat:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person that lost that had no pennies.

That must've been the biggest change purse I have never seen.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting cache find and congrats! Seems like someone could have carried these coins as good luck or emergency money, the wear on the coins through the years kind of tells a story. Maybe the Buffalos were bad years, wasn't that depression era into WWII silvers? I get an eerie feeling looking at those coins, very cool find and mystery! HH, Mike

Big A

Mar 28, 2009
Southport, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Aren't you glad you didn't leave earlier than six, your great save could have ended up in the landfill.
Congrats on a great save.
Alan

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing that those people actually tossed money out without realizing it. Good for you on that recovery :headbang:

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One man's trash........ is another man's....... "TREASURE"................ :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Super find................... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread