May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not get out much this weekend but did manage to hit one estate sale. I picked up this 28g coin silver spoon signed “H. Hess” for $15. It was on the top end of what I wanted to pay but I think it is worth it. Anyone have any idea’s on the maker? Probably German but you never know. Any input is appreciated. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454355238.878863.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454355250.620793.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one has me stumped. I've searched my go to sites and.........nothing! I don't think it foreign due to the lack of other hallmarks. I'm thinking it's the name of the jeweler or shop that sold the spoon. That's somewhat common for coin silver spoons. It's a cool find! Great job JD!!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Had me stumped too.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the same as flintlock. I've got some old coin spoons I can't I.D. the maker on. During the mid 18th and up to the civil war there were hundreds of American silversmith producing silver utensils. They all seem to look somewhat like the one you have here with variations that at times can give a ruff time to when it was generally made, by the shape of it I think?. I'm always hoping to find the one made by Paul Revere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread