Super old jewelry (moms yard sale finds)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents live in Pennsylvania and they came down for the winter. My mom brought me a box of stuff she found at yard sales up there. Some of these pieces of jewelry are mind blowing to me. And I wanted to share some of them with you. I can definitely tell they are old and she wants me to sell them for her but I don't think I can do that. I think I want to keep them in my own personal collection because I know they're worth a lot and it's just something I'll probably never come across again.

The first one is gold filled. It's a brooch and has and enamel painting of the lady on the front of it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454384827.101956.jpg

There were some watches and I got to looking through them a fake Louis Vuitton. A fake Rolex but then 2 small gold filled pocket watches and 14 K gold watch. all three work perfect!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454384889.183453.jpg

These two are 14 K. The bracelet is broken but the locket has hair inside of it. Pretty sweet and gross at the same time!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385005.133014.jpg

This one stumps me. Have not tested yet looks like it's 14 K maybe gold filled has a hole in the end of it. Maybe has a yellow topaz in the end. To me it looks like a tiny kaleidoscope but looking through it I got it so close to my eyes, I poked myself and all I saw was bright yellow.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385125.152257.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385150.031549.jpg

These two plates she paid $10 total for. 400 g of sterling silver. I don't really have a good place to take a picture because they're so much stuff sitting here. So sorry for the stuff in the background

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385204.498984.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385242.102225.jpg

I'm not going to put a picture up, but there is a k*k ring. That I'm trading to someone for another sterling flatware set tomorrow and I told her I would not put any pictures out there of it....

There is a bunch more Antique jewelry but this one really makes me oooh and aweee over it! 10k gold top with sterling silver back. At first I thought it was missing a piece but looking at it closer I realized there's a hinge on the top. There is a photo inside and it has a picture of a Civil War soldier inside of it. Almost glass looking instead of plastic top to cover the photo. I don't know what it's worth but I don't want to sell it!!! The pictures not that great but I don't care what it's worth I want to keep it! I'm going to make an offer tomorrow for the whole box. I don't want to consign anything I hate doing that. There's also some WWII coins as well. But here's the brooch.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385792.030855.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385839.647291.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454385861.913616.jpg

There's a bunch of pieces of pottery as well some signed cloth photos or something. So out of my league. Don't even know where to start. I may start another thread with those later on.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She found some great stuff!

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. The kaleidescope thing looks like some type of bottle stopper to me. Maybe for a perfume bottle?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They are nice but if she wants you to sell them sell them they are hers not yours ..But then you could buy them from her..

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the box from her. Turns out the civil war locket is from a distant relative. So I thought that was sweet!
The hair locket is gold filled.
$400 for everything.

(The last picture of the perfume bottle, I gave to her as a gift for her bday last year) guess she didn't like it.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like treasure hunting runs in the family!! Congrats to you and your mom for some amazing finds!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like treasure hunting runs in the family!! Congrats to you and your mom for some amazing finds!!

My grandma used to go a lot also. I used to hate when the two of them would make us go out all Saturday morning. It would drive me nuts I just want to watch cartoons but we be out yard sailing from 7 AM until 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I never paid attention in the stuff she bought either. And now I wish I would have but now that she's here we go out a couple weekends together. Just now she don't like getting up at 6 AM to go to grad sales anymore. So I'm going to have to pull her out of bed or something! She said the Saturday she will go but she doesn't want to go till 10 o'clock. And I said no Bueno! 6:30 Time to get up and get out the door!

She has a house full of stuff too that's all antique a lot of jewelry. I have no idea what I'm in for one day I feel! [emoji41]

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Stuff! It looks like Mom has a great eye.

And, it also looks like "the apple didn't fall far from the tree.." ;>)

Bill

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love northern yard sales the best. Seems like I always get much better stuff when I lived up in Rhode Island

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traded the ring (not pictured) for 510 grams of sterling. Plus I put in some cash. Eight of the spoons are from I believe 1840 to 1853. A.b. Vancott.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454476279.156035.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454476305.576848.jpg

Then there was 6 other spoons that I can't find any information on cause I suck at this.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454476389.571845.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454476476.721085.jpg

Six other ones with this style just marked Sterling but the other five are pretty bad shape.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454476552.037437.jpg

A Paul revere reproduction sterling bowl 5.9 oz.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454476632.506980.jpg

And 2 weighted Sterling coffee creamer and some other thing as well.

Not bad for an old ring. And $130.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Pretty sure those spoons are Gorham. The lion facing right, anchor, & stylized "G" was a mark they used. No idea on the pattern.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked at the piece you think is a bottle stopper carefully? it sort of looks like one I picked up in a bag. It ended up having a fat pencil lead in it. Didn't find the lead until I was trying to clean it.

You Moms got a good eye!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you what Beachkid when your buried in the ground I'm gonna dig you up. :hello:

Attachments

• tut.gif
    tut.gif
    151.3 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you what Beachkid when your buried in the ground I'm gonna dig you up. :hello:

Probably won't do you any good. Because I don't wear anything I buy. The only thing I have is the wedding ring that's carbon fiber and stainless steel. I'm sure my kids will sell off everything ASAP! My son will go from driving a 1992 Honda Accord to a 2016 Acura TL or something. Lol.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably won't do you any good. Because I don't wear anything I buy. The only thing I have is the wedding ring that's carbon fiber and stainless steel. I'm sure my kids will sell off everything ASAP! My son will go from driving a 1992 Honda Accord to a 2016 Acura TL or something. Lol.
Shucks!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked at the piece you think is a bottle stopper carefully? it sort of looks like one I picked up in a bag. It ended up having a fat pencil lead in it. Didn't find the lead until I was trying to clean it.

You Moms got a good eye!

That would make since too. I have not really figured out what the heck it is yet. I'm sure we will make our antique store around here within a couple days of them being in town so I will take it with me and see if anyone here recognizes what it is too.

Thank you for the ID on the Gorham spoon. Just so happens I have a fork that matches it. So now I get to Tag it and put it in my box. That's very helpful too thank you very much guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread