Coinmaster 1/DB

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Richard, I had a 1db back in early 80s like 1981, it was the entry machine back then cost around 130.00 at that time. It didnt have much depth. It was a stansard tr machine. How much are you wanting to spend? There are newer machines out there that can be purchased for a reasonable amount that you would be able to find old coins with. Any questions these are some real friendly folks that will help point you in the right direction
hh
dave+bobbie

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
My first detector was a Whites 1db back in 1980. I made a lot of nice finds.
The depth was very good for an entry level TR detector ; but I remember
having to retune it quite often to acheive this.You're going to be digging
a lot of junk targets because of its poor discrimination capabilities.
I would advise the purchase of a newer entry level detector.There are a
lot of good used detectors available through various dealers.Study up on
all the different brands and make your decision from there.Information is
free. Good luck to you in your new found hobby[addiction!]

OP
OP
R

rjs0203

Thanks everyone for your advice. I plan start to really use this machine and will let you know how I do. In the meantime, I will research information on a newer machine.

Can anyone give some advice on a good modern-day alternative the 1/db? Maybe something in the $150 to $200 price range?

Thanks again for your help!

Richard Steg

P

Pooley

For $199 you cannot beat the Garrett Ace 250. Has target id and several different modes. I just received mine on Wednesday and have already found quite a bit in that short time. I also have an older model Whites GEB Discriminator that works just fine. But for the price you cant beat the Garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread