Any hints on Titan 3000xd use?

H

hamwa

Hi everybody, I just ordered a Titan 3000xd from Aardvark detectors and should receive it in the next 4 or five days. It seems like a good all-round detector for the price, $50 cheaper than Kellyco. Has anyone any experience of these detectors, if so, do you have any hints for a newbie user?? I am living in SW France and will be mainly hunting roman and medieval relics with the occasional trip to the beach...

Upvote 0

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have seen that machine around a bit. I am guessing it is not the same quality as the top four companies but I know the power some of these machines made by other companies can have. Stay away from the wet sand...you won't have a chance. As far as using it in looking in farm fields and such, keep the discrimination low at first and dig all the targets so you learn what the machine is telling you. Do you this for a week and the blisters you get on your hand will be worth it, I promise.

Arch

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I am a newbie too and bought my Titan3000xd in March. I love it. It does work well on wet sand. That was freshwater. Saltwater will be different. I went to local lake beach and it did great. Arch is right. To learn it takes practice. If the beep is not clear, chances are it is trash. But the silver quarters we pulled from about 7-8 inches deep kinda of sounded like trash, but was a good hit. I start in discrimination, watch the numbers. If the numbers are good, switch to all metal. If they are good in all metal with a clear pinpoint, then I dig. But of course, nickels sound like trash. So unfortunately, there is no way of getting around the trash. This is what works best for me, but some else could offer better advice. I do this with the discrimation all the way down, and the sesitivity at 5 bars.

Good luck and have fun hunting! It's addicting (my arms and hands ache!)

Melnatcat

O

oxfordbrent

Melnatcat is right, it will work in fresh water, but not saltwater because of all the minierals. You will find that large rusty iron items will sometimes ding like silver, but in my area I know from experience not to dig them because the number usually shows up to be 199, (large metal object). The best teacher is experience. That and studying the owners manual helps a lot. You will get to where you know what an item probably is before you dig it with practice. If you are relic hunting you will want to dig most anything and at the beach dig everything. It works fine on a saltwater beach. If the sand is wet, you will need to ignore false signals. You do this by waving the coil over the object in pinpoint mode to check for a consistent sound. I have done some relic hunting with mine, but here in Florida everything is relatively new. Items I've found with the Titan include a Ford Model T hub cap, mercury dime, buffalo nickel, 1920's watch fob and lots of clad. Good luck & HH. :)

-Brent

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
We have discussed many of the Titan operating tips on this forum , I think you can do a search for Titan and have plenty to read. As for the post on quality by Arch, the machine is made by First Texas, or Bounty Hunter which you may know them by. It has a five year warranty and to date I've not read any posts where quality has been an issue with the Titan. As for the second comment about "power " ... at Kellyco this machine air tested right in the middle between the ace 250 and the whites MXT( top ). Suprise price is also 1.2.3.

As for the relic's it sounds like you will be using the all metal mode, and digging all signals. The comment about large items is correct, just like your Manuel will tell you the top of the number scale is for them.
While I don't have relic experience it seems to me that you might also like the discrimination feature where you could knock out a troublesome item, this is your Notch mode.
Please feel free to send me all those pesky non roman coins that might show up as I'll do my best to give them a good home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread