Coins Found Under The World Trade Center

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I wouldn't consider the coins "blood" coins unless they were held by the victims. Should all the steel in these buildings not been reused also? 24 tons was used to build a new war ship, much of it was sold to foreign countries as scrap but coins that were held in a vault and later sold is somehow wrong?

How do any of you who feel it wrong to have these coins, feel its ok to dig old battle sites, where many of those items dug may very well have been the direct cause of someones death (bullets etc)? I have yet see any outrage in any of the war site threads, why? I have had family members die in the civil war and ww2, one family friend lost in the world trade center and i see nothing wrong with the sale of these coins.

I was more upset hearing about the scavengers selling keys, ashtrays and other "personal" items that could have been used daily by the victims, this was stuff that was held and used, that's twisted but nobody complains.

The presentation and sale was and is being done tastefully with respect to all the victims and their families, there is nothing obscene about it. Good or bad, that's my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread